Beat the Streak Fantasy

ScootsMcGoots

For anyone who plays beat the streak, I've been following the leaderboard for a few days now, and someone has just tied the all time record (set last year) at 49. He just needs 8 more in a row to win 5 million dollars. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out, as much as I wish it were me lol, I hope this one wins!!!

Edited by Scoots

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 13, 2017 -> 05:15 AM)
For anyone who plays beat the streak, I've been following the leaderboard for a few days now, and someone has just tied the all time record (set last year) at 49. He just needs 8 more in a row to win 5 million dollars. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out, as much as I wish it were me lol, I hope this one wins!!!

That guy is incredibly lucky. Started two guys who didn't play during his streak who were NL players who didn't play that day and didn't end up with a pinch hit AB, which would have likely ended the streak. But because they got no AB's his streak was preserved.

My longest streak is around 16-18 twice. The game is pretty much impossible its much harder to win than a mega millions or powerball jackpot.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 13, 2017 -> 06:26 PM)
That guy is incredibly lucky. Started two guys who didn't play during his streak who were NL players who didn't play that day and didn't end up with a pinch hit AB, which would have likely ended the streak. But because they got no AB's his streak was preserved.

My longest streak is around 16-18 twice. The game is pretty much impossible its much harder to win than a mega millions or powerball jackpot.

Yeah, my longest was last year and I got like 26. Apparently this is the first year this guy has played. I think it will be a really cool story if he wins it. I wonder if they will do beat the streak next year if he does...i mean that's a lot of money to just shell out.

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 13, 2017 -> 08:45 PM)
Yeah, my longest was last year and I got like 26. Apparently this is the first year this guy has played. I think it will be a really cool story if he wins it. I wonder if they will do beat the streak next year if he does...i mean that's a lot of money to just shell out.

They sell sponsorship of the beat the streak game every year for advertising which probably pays for the insurance policy they take out to pay out the million dollar grand prize if its won. It is basically free promotion for the MLB.

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 13, 2017 -> 08:42 PM)
Just saw the walk off. This guy could be a multi millionaire by Tuesday if he keeps doing the double down. That's nuts.

Yep that's crazy. There are some players with huge track records (around 50 ab's) against certain pitchers where they are hitting around .500 (Matt Carpenter vs Wily Peralta comes to mind - 22 for 46). All he has to do is wait a month or two for matchups like that to come up the rest of the year since he's already at 51 one month into the season.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 14, 2017 -> 12:30 AM)
Yep that's crazy. There are some players with huge track records (around 50 ab's) against certain pitchers where they are hitting around .500 (Matt Carpenter vs Wily Peralta comes to mind - 22 for 46). All he has to do is wait a month or two for matchups like that to come up the rest of the year since he's already at 51 one month into the season.

I have had those track records bite me in the ass before but he would be a fool not to do that

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 14, 2017 -> 05:05 PM)
Wonder if he has used his mulligan.

And I also wonder if the word will start getting to the player he selects before games simply because of the publicity involved.

There would have to be a monstrous buzz if he makes it to 55.

Pressure on the MLB player, too.

You can only use your mulligan on a streak that ends between 10 and 15. If you get a consecutive streak above 15 without using your mulligan yet you can't take a mulligan if your streak ended at 17 for example.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 13, 2017 -> 05:26 PM)

Hahah, this really sounds like some sour grapes going on.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 14, 2017 -> 09:04 AM)
The guy also used two players playing at home yesterday which is very risky.

Yeah he is getting lucky for sure. Picking players like Harper, Zimmerman, Trout, who get pitched around a lot.

I mean it worked for him, hopefully he gets it. This game needs to be beat by someone

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ May 15, 2017 -> 06:21 PM)
His choices for tonight are Kevin Pillar and Ezequiel Carrera.

Since when do you get to pick two players? I haven't played in years and years, but swear it only used to be 1.

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 15, 2017 -> 07:05 PM)
Yeah...not sure why he picked either one of those two...let alone double downing on them.

1 and 2 hitters with the highest batting averages in the Jays' order, at home going up against a 43 year old starter with a near 7 ERA.