Beat the Streak Fantasy

ScootsMcGoots

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (turnin' two @ May 15, 2017 -> 01:46 PM)
Hahah, this really sounds like some sour grapes going on.

Have you ever played the game and/or calculated the mathematical odds of winning? Just curious. The game is already orders of magnitude harder than winning a mega millions or powerball jackpot. On top of it he mistakenly started two players who could've ended his streak with one pinch hit out (they were both NL players) which would only increase the collective odds of making the streak.

Calculate the odds on top of those two players with 35-40% chance of getting one AB in that game and 75% chance of making an out if 1 ab

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 15, 2017 -> 08:10 PM)
1 and 2 hitters with the highest batting averages in the Jays' order, at home going up against a 43 year old starter with a near 7 ERA.

Makes sense haha.

The Atlanta 2nd baseman obviously doesn't know what is at stake here lol. If Carerra would have beaten that out, his streak would've extended.

Ya know, it just seems really odd that all around the league all of these great pitchers are getting hurt, and here is this 43 year old still starting games, pushing 300 pounds, and he's as healthy as can be. Something is wrong with that picture.

Other interesting strategy at 51 would've been to go with the same player every time in specific matchups (like Trout). And have the MLB tell the player you'd be picking them the last 6 times. Probably would've given them extra motivation to be the guy that won them the streak. And in that scenario its likely they'd actually try to alter their approach to get hits (be swinging in hitters counts instead of taking trying to walk, etc)

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ May 16, 2017 -> 03:09 AM)
Should've gone with my strategy. He had the entire season to make 6 more picks. No reason to double down with middling hitters from the same team as if the season was ending in a few more days.

Heartbreaking, but why is he doubling down? Man.

QUOTE (Moncada @ May 16, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)
There is another guy that is at 42 right now, he played it smart and just went with Trout last night

Have to keep an eye on him. Honestly I think the smartest thing to do is to keep choosing hitters from the too hitting teams in the league, like the Yankees.

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 16, 2017 -> 10:33 PM)
Have to keep an eye on him. Honestly I think the smartest thing to do is to keep choosing hitters from the too hitting teams in the league, like the Yankees.

He is up to 44 now. I got a long way to go t0 catch up to him, I'm at 3 right now. :lol: