Nationals acquire Doolittle/Madson from As

Whisox05

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
Not that I disagree with the overall point, but Brad Peacock is pretty goddamn filthy nowadays.

Yeah, although he's still walking too many.

Would you want to rely on Peacock or Q, Wite?

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 10:51 AM)
Yeah, although he's still walking too many.

Would you want to rely on Peacock or Q, Wite?

Oh, I'd much rather rely on Q. Even as good as they've been, I feel the Astros are setting themselves up for disappointment in the postseason. To some extent, they feel like the 2001 Mariners - coast all the way to the postseason with the best record in the AL (though the Astros won't have the best record of all time) only to get eliminated by a team with much better pitching.

I mean, their bullpen is outrageously good, so if they can just get 4-5 innings out of their starters, they may be able to get by, but that's a lot to count on.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 10:20 AM)
Oh, I'd much rather rely on Q. Even as good as they've been, I feel the Astros are setting themselves up for disappointment in the postseason. To some extent, they feel like the 2001 Mariners - coast all the way to the postseason with the best record in the AL (though the Astros won't have the best record of all time) only to get eliminated by a team with much better pitching.

I mean, their bullpen is outrageously good, so if they can just get 4-5 innings out of their starters, they may be able to get by, but that's a lot to count on.

I was talking to an Astros fan buddy of mine and he truly has no concern about the pitching staff. He said that they can hit their way out of any deficit. I pointed out that in the postseason it usually comes down to the stronger pitching staff and he seemed to believe that that rule wouldn't apply with an offense like theirs. He wants them to stand pat.

It makes zero sense and, as you say, we've seen time and again the team with amazing offense come up short in the postseason. Hell, Astros fans forget about 2005 already?

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 12:29 PM)
I was talking to an Astros fan buddy of mine and he truly has no concern about the pitching staff. He said that they can hit their way out of any deficit. I pointed out that in the postseason it usually comes down to the stronger pitching staff and he seemed to believe that that rule wouldn't apply with an offense like theirs. He wants them to stand pat.

It makes zero sense and, as you say, we've seen time and again the team with amazing offense come up short in the postseason. Hell, Astros fans forget about 2005 already?

Watching the Astros blow this will be extremely satisfying after how they perceived Q.

I say send Robertson and 10 m to Washington for carter kieboom.

Not a top100 yet but he is a shortstop, was drafted in the first round 2 years ago and really raked so far. He will be a top100 soon and the Sox really need middle infield prospects as that is still a weak spot of the system.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:29 AM)

yea, well they've already been swept at home by Cleveland and that staff.

The mistake they made was not giving up Bregman for Sale. It's a double hit - not only do they not have Sale, they have to face him twice in the playoffs.

QUOTE (GermanSock @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:33 AM)
I say send Robertson and 10 m to Washington for carter kieboom.

Not a top100 yet but he is a shortstop, was drafted in the first round 2 years ago and really raked so far. He will be a top100 soon and the Sox really need middle infield prospects as that is still a weak spot of the system.

BA didn't have him as one (yet), but BP said he just missed their recent top 50 update. I think he'd be a huge get and probably fills a bigger organizational need than Soto.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 12:56 PM)
BA didn't have him as one (yet), but BP said he just missed their recent top 50 update. I think he'd be a huge get and probably fills a bigger organizational need than Soto.

If Hahn could swing Kieboom + Luzardo, I'd be one happy man.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 05:16 PM)
There goes the "they are hamstrung" theory

Yeah was hoping we'd be that 2 for 1 reliever team. At least that takes 2 guys off the market.

Luckily the Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Astros, Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Rangers, Rockies, Cardinals, and Astros all looking for relievers. There will definitely be a market.

Edited by Username

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 05:22 PM)
Yeah was hoping we'd be that 2 for 1 reliever team. At least that takes 2 guys off the market.

Luckily the Dodgers, Diamondbacks, Astros, Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Rangers, Rockies, Cardinals, and Astros all looking for relievers. There will definitely be a market.

Nats pen tonight so far 7 runs in 1 inning so far. Were up 10-0 and now 10-7 with no outs in the 9th.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 10:02 AM)
Better be getting robles especially if sox are eating robertson money too.

Eh thought you were just talking about DRob, my mistake. Still highly doubtful that anything like that would happen.