Covey to DL, Minaya recalled

Completely random, but the comments section over at SSS is really annoying to read through. Trying to see what the Sox might do with Covey & his spot in the rotation and every other post is some stupid joke or philosophical rant from posters trying demonstrate their wittiness and/or superior intellect. Thank god for Soxtalk where the talk is much more focused.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 25, 2017 -> 01:12 PM)
Completely random, but the comments section over at SSS is really annoying to read through. Trying to see what the Sox might do with Covey & his spot in the rotation and every other post is some stupid joke or philosophical rant from posters trying demonstrate their wittiness and/or superior intellect. Thank god for Soxtalk where the talk is much more focused.

I used to post quite a bit on SSS but once Jim took over the blog got worse IMO. Jim is just a straight newspaper type guy, occasional he'll have an interesting story, but I mostly just check for larry's minor league updates and financial analysis, which are great.

And yea, the comments section is crap. Soxtalk is getting better and better though. Great content and many new posters this year. Tone of the board this year is much improved and I'll admit I've mellowed out quite a bit myself. We got good dudes and dudettes here even if we disagree.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ May 25, 2017 -> 03:59 PM)
They could call up Lopez tomorrow as the 26th man, send him back down, and call him back up next Wednesday for good (no 10 day return rule with the 26th man). By next Wednesday, the Sox will have gained the extra year of control. Sunday is the cutoff day, it becomes Monday if he spends Friday on the roster.

It probably won't be a player we might want to see. Also when Covey goes on DL Shields might be ready to come off

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
It probably won't be a player we might want to see. Also when Covey goes on DL Shields might be ready to come off

Shields is not ready yet. Sounds like another two weeks from the timeline they laid out previously.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)

Like? No reason not to give the start to Lopez tomorrow.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 25, 2017 -> 04:56 PM)
Definitely will be Lopez tomorrow, otherwise why would he be skipping his scheduled start today when Charlotte themselves have a double-header?

Lopez last pitched 6 innings on the 21St so he shouldn't have been scheduled to pitch today, should be tomorrow on regular rest.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ May 25, 2017 -> 05:28 PM)
Lopez last pitched 6 innings on the 21St so he shouldn't have been scheduled to pitch today, should be tomorrow on regular rest.

Thanks for pointing that out. Originally on the milb scoreboard, it did have Lopez going today, but clearly that was incorrect.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 25, 2017 -> 05:35 PM)
Thanks for pointing that out. Originally on the milb scoreboard, it did have Lopez going today, but clearly that was incorrect.

Milb got me on that as well which is why I looked up Lopez's starts.

I'll go ahead and guess Lopez as Covey's long and overdue replacement.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 25, 2017 -> 03:50 PM)
Danish is announced as the game 2 starter, Pelfrey game 1. I believe that means Danish is replacing Covey after he goes on the DL, and the 26th man is somebody else.

We might consider Danish,Holmberg and Infante as tanking pitchers , guys who are not among the elite prospects the Sox want to keep down on the farm until the rebuild hits full tilt mode. Probably could add May and Willy Garcia to that list although Willy might have some decent upside.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 26, 2017 -> 02:40 PM)
I would too. Probably be a sell out crowd but do you think the Sox management would do it?

inst

I hope not. Boston is really hot right now and obviously Sale is dominating the league. I think Q gets a better shot to improve his numbers against one of their weak starters.