Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 04:27 PM)
Why? Personal reasons?

White Sox should be rooting for all the loses at this point. Go cubs.

Yeah I agree. I don't want to lose out on a superstar because of a meaningless win or two against the Cubs.

Something that I love about having first pick is if someone comes out of nowhere as a superstar, he's all yours. He's not out of nowhere, but I have a feeling Singer separates himself from everyone and becomes the best college righty since Strasburg

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 05:37 PM)
At this point I'm just hoping they end up with Beer as either an underslot or he develops his defense to stick in the OF.

Considering the best player in franchise history was a DH, if his bat plays, his bat plays.

With Abreu getting older especially by the time the young kids make it up to the league, Beer could play 1B depending how Sheets develops. Still would love to see Turang with the Sox. Not giving up on TA as it's way too early in his career but I do have some doubts.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 04:16 PM)
For those in the know, is there a high school bat that could potentially stand out as the number one next spring?

Brice Turang and Tristan Casas.

These players appear to be physically developed to the point where they could conceivable have a shorter path to the majors than the typical high school prospect might.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 04:16 PM)
Not only that but make it harder for them to get to the postseason.

I want the Sox to win every game against the cubs and then they can return to the tank. As someone who grew up in Chicago, and now lives in Sox country down in a South suburb, I do not want to see the cubs in the play-offs. Try to beat them. Give it everything you have. Punch them back, right in the face, like they sucker punched AJ.

As far as tanking, Ttere will be a few highly rated prospects available regardless of whether the Sox pick one or perhaps four of five. The Sox just have to pick the right player, which is not going to be easy.

If I had any say in the selection, I would encourage the Sox to consider the top two or three hitters over any pitcher, and then make the pick based on which one they think could help the team the most (which would include their ability to defend at their position).

Sure I would love the Sox to win 3 games but that seems incredibly unlikely given the Sox pitching and the Cubs playing good out of the break. As for Cubs not making the playoffs, it seems very likely they end up winning that division by 5-10 games