Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 07:06 PM)
Interesting. Only 14 hall of famers drafted in 1st round since 1965. By the way, thanks for adding that key point about draft not beginning until 1965. How many hall of famers in total since 1965? Just curious as to % of hall of famers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports....ll-of-fame/amp/

This article says there were 32 draftees in the HOF as of last year. Raines and Bagwell make 34, they were 4th and 5th round picks. So that would make 14 of 34, so that would make 41% first round picks?

That doesn't include international free agents like Pedro, Ivan Rod, etc.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Aug 5, 2017 -> 04:31 PM)
Hopefully the Phillies and Giants go on prolonged winning streaks soon.

Might not even matter if we continue to lose at the current pace. I want the additional bonus slot money that could allow us to be very creative in the draft.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Aug 6, 2017 -> 12:02 AM)
Giants won tonight, which by winning percentage now bumps the White Sox to the #2 spot.

Right. Giants, who have Panda Bear playing third, have played 4 more games that White Sox, but they are two games ahead in the all important Win Column.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 6, 2017 -> 07:25 AM)
Pretty much comes down to the Sox having to be three games worse than the Phillies the last 54 games for the first pick. Otherwise, it'll be 2. Either is fine by me- but we've gone this far....let's get 1.

16-38 should do the trick.

16-38? When did you become the optimist? :P

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 5, 2017 -> 11:24 PM)
Well it's basically a done deal - yall will get your wish.

But i don't have to like it - particularly the sloppy play in achieving the #1 pick.

Seriously, what did you want this team to do?

You were against signing free agents. Trading for big names. You screamed hero worship at every poster.

What is your wish, other than to be different from everyone else?

QUOTE (Quin @ Aug 6, 2017 -> 10:48 AM)
Seriously, what did you want this team to do?

You were against signing free agents. Trading for big names. You screamed hero worship at every poster.

What is your wish, other than to be different from everyone else?

He wants to be able to say "I told you so", but he's always wrong, soooooo

I have been watching this team for a long time, probably longer than most here, I can't remember them ever being this bad, and I have seen them really bad. I just hope it doesn't spill over and hurt development. You can see being defeated before the game even starts has started to seep in. I just hope the guys the Sox are hoping to eventually keep, can avoid it and get their work in, and get where they need to be.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 6, 2017 -> 04:41 PM)
I have been watching this team for a long time, probably longer than most here, I can't remember them ever being this bad, and I have seen them really bad. I just hope it doesn't spill over and hurt development. You can see being defeated before the game even starts has started to seep in. I just hope the guys the Sox are hoping to eventually keep, can avoid it and get their work in, and get where they need to be.

They were that way in 2013 too. I think the 2nd half of last year was like that also - with a lot better talent they put up a .426 winning %age after that 23-10 stretch to open it.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 6, 2017 -> 05:41 PM)

Its convenient that 2, maybe 3, of these guys will be full time players for the Sox by the time we are actually ready to compete. The team was mismanaged for nearly a decade and there was no going back. Just have to accept that the team had to get worse before they get better. It's a part of sports in this day and age.