Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soha @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 06:57 PM)
The Giants have a brutal schedule to end the season. I have a hard time thinking the Sox are going to catch them. I'd almost call catching the Phillies a little more likely. In the end though, just hold on to the #3 pick at this point.

True, but as of now, the Sox have 16 out of 20 games left with teams playing for something. Hopefully the Angels will still be in it, and the Indians are fighting for HFA.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 10, 2017 -> 11:28 PM)
What is the tie-breaker for draft position?

Previous year record. Better record last year gets the less favorable upcoming pick. Examples:

Sox tie with Giants... Sox would get the better pick since the Giants where better last year.

Sox tie with Phillies... Phillies would get better pick since we where better last year.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Sep 11, 2017 -> 10:14 PM)
yaay lets win more meaningless games..

But Lopez pitched well. These games are like double edged swords if you're rooting for losses. Yes, the offense kicked ass today. Even a bad Lopez probably would have resulted in a Sox win. So the Sox won. But it is not meaningless... we really need Lopez to be an awesome pitcher for our future Sox team and outings like this are only good in that respect. If the Sox win, I hope it's only because players projected to be on the next competitive Sox team did well. That's all I can ask for. The Sox have solidified a top pick in the draft. They won't get #1 anyway because Philly just plain blows and it seems like they have no future at all. I'll gladly take the worst record in the AL, although it does seem like the Tigers are pulling off a nice tankjob to finish their season...

Monday:

Won- Giants, White Sox, Blue Jays

Lost- Tigers

20 days left

Team (Games left) - Sox Magic Number to have higher pick:

1. Phillies(19) - 23 (-4.0 GB)

2. Giants(16) - 19 (-1.5 GB)

3. White Sox(19)

4. Tigers(19) - 16 (+4.0 GA)

5. Reds(18) - 15

6. A's(19) - 14

7. Mets(19) - 13