3. Phillies (4) - 7, Sox Elim # - 3

4. White Sox (5)

5. Reds (5) - 4 (+2.0 GA)*

6. Mets (4) - 1

7. Padres (4)

8. Braves (5)

9. A's (5)

10. Pirates (5)

* Reds need to be two games worse than the Sox in the last 5 games to have a higher pick

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 12:32 AM)
For anyone else who's still confused by flavum's Elimination Number shindig...

2.5 GB of the Giants for the 1st

2 GB of Detroit for the 2nd pick

2 GB of the Phillies for the 3rd pick

GET OFF MY SYSTEM, BRO.

Sox lose, Reds lose, Phillies win, Giants win, Tigers lose (They are 2-18 in September against non-Sox opponents. I f***ing hate them)

Reds are 1.5 GB of us with the 5th pick

Sox pick 4th

2 GB of Detroit for the 3rd pick

2 GB of the Phillies for the 2nd pick

2.5 GB of the Giants for the 1st pick

5 games left for the Sox.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 12:32 AM)
For anyone else who's still confused by flavum's Elimination Number shindig...

2.5 GB of the Giants for the 1st

2 GB of Detroit for the 2nd pick

2 GB of the Phillies for the 3rd pick

Thank you...check this thread daily and still cannot understand the other ranking

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 08:04 AM)
Yea I'm not sure why they had Shields give up on the Stinkball. It was working beautifully.

If they can spin Shields into something decent in say June (maybe Sox eat most of the remaining deal) due to him reinventing himself, that would be incredible. Who knows maybe we will see Shields in a package deal with another Swarzak-like signing to a team looking to improve the back-end of the rotation and bullpen.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 08:41 AM)
Sox didn't really mess this up. Their young players are good and we are better than those other teams currently ahead of us in the draft pick race. It is nice to see our young players playing well heading into next season.

Agreed. I can't be mad about us falling out of the top three when it is soley because of guys like Moncada, Giolito, Lopez, Anderson, Delmonico, and Garcia. I wish we had a top 3 pick but if we are 4th because of huge strides and promising strides from those players than it is hard to be upset about where we end up..

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 08:41 AM)
Sox didn't really mess this up. Their young players are good and we are better than those other teams currently ahead of us in the draft pick race. It is nice to see our young players playing well heading into next season.

For sure. I think we can all agree though that massive bullpen implosions every night would have been preferable. It is what it is- go Sox youngins. This team has been exciting and I can't wait for the most boring offseason in 17 years.

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 09:41 AM)
Agreed. I can't be mad about us falling out of the top three when it is soley because of guys like Moncada, Giolito, Lopez, Anderson, Delmonico, and Garcia. I wish we had a top 3 pick but if we are 4th because of huge strides and promising strides from those players than it is hard to be upset about where we end up..

I have said it a million times and will say it until all get aboard the train... These guys being successful is much more important the difference between the #3 and #5 picks in this draft.

If we had gone into next season with Moncada and Giolito both having repeats of their call ups last year, if Anderson had continued his April-July through the rest of the season, if Yolmer had hit like Carlos Sanchez, and Avi hit like pre-17 Avi, etc... our rebuild would have been in huge trouble, and put the entire organizations future into doubt.

It isn't JUST draft position. The most important thing is that these kids are turning into big leaguers once they get to Chicago.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 08:27 AM)
I have said it a million times and will say it until all get aboard the train... These guys being successful is much more important the difference between the #3 and #5 picks in this draft.

If we had gone into next season with Moncada and Giolito both having repeats of their call ups last year, if Anderson had continued his April-July through the rest of the season, if Yolmer had hit like Carlos Sanchez, and Avi hit like pre-17 Avi, etc... our rebuild would have been in huge trouble, and put the entire organizations future into doubt.

It isn't JUST draft position. The most important thing is that these kids are turning into big leaguers once they get to Chicago.

Cosigned x 1000.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 10:27 AM)

Agreed, but we also won quite a few games with s*** pitchers that have no future in the org. Those are the ones that sting. Needed those to be 8-7 losses with the young guys mashing & the s***ty pitcher getting lit up.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 11:04 AM)
Agreed, but we also won quite a few games with s*** pitchers that have no future in the org. Those are the ones that sting. Needed those to be 8-7 losses with the young guys mashing & the s***ty pitcher getting lit up.

Baseball doesn't work that way. That's why you play the games.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Sep 27, 2017 -> 09:54 AM)
Basically the Sox are picking 4th unless they go 0-5 and one of the top 3 win 2.

The Phillies are definitely the best chance. Let's just lose out and see if the Phillies beat the Mets 2 of 3.

Giants could beat the Padres 2 of 3 too.

Lose out and "The Freeze" this thing to the 2nd pick.

Tigers? They're losing 100.

Edited by flavum