Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 01:19 PM)
Seriously. Especially when our bullpen is gone.

I'm gunning for a top three draft pick for sure. Without Frazier, Quintana, Robertson, swarzak and possibly kahnle or melky we will be a pretty awful team.

I don't think the sox will catch the phillies, but top three is very realistic.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 04:37 PM)
I'm gunning for a top three draft pick for sure. Without Frazier, Quintana, Robertson, swarzak and possibly kahnle or melky we will be a pretty awful team.

I don't think the sox will catch the phillies, but top three is very realistic.

Probs controversial but I do think we will catch the phillies. They underperformed imo, in the first half. We often overperformed. They have nola back.

We have a maybe healthy rodon and garbage. If our promotions play well then maybe its moot. But I expect a run for #1.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 02:59 PM)
Probs controversial but I do think we will catch the phillies. They underperformed imo, in the first half. We often overperformed. They have nola back.

We have a maybe healthy rodon and garbage. If our promotions play well then maybe its moot. But I expect a run for #1.

Nola has been awesome lately.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 04:59 PM)

I won't rule it out, especially if we deal Frazier, drob, swarzak, kahnle, melky, etc soon.

Our bullpen will be a total mess, blowing games regularly. The 2018 draft is looking to be stronger than 2017 as well.

I could see us winning roughly 60 games

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 05:06 PM)
I won't rule it out, especially if we deal Frazier, drob, swarzak, kahnle, melky, etc soon.

Our bullpen will be a total mess, blowing games regularly. The 2018 draft is looking to be stronger than 2017 as well.

I could see us winning roughly 60 games

Yeah at the recent showcase for the Prep players Belinsky seemed very very positive around this 2018 class, which would make it a good time to have a big bonus pool.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 11:30 AM)
Including the last two losses, the Sox would have to play .320 ball after the break for 100 losses. That's tough to be that bad.

I think 93-96 losses is a fair guess, and hopefully 2nd to 4th pick. But yeah, 5th at worse.

Since their 13-10 start, the Sox have played .373 baseball, going 25-42. Once this team trades off the vets, it is going to be really, really ugly.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 10:22 PM)
Since their 13-10 start, the Sox have played .373 baseball, going 25-42. Once this team trades off the vets, it is going to be really, really ugly.

I think they'll finish 2018 with the top pick in the draft. It's been said before but they need to add stars... BPA too.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 10:37 PM)
If my math is right and it's probably not, the Sox are 0.5 games back of SD for the #2 pick and 7.5 behind PHI for the first.

You mean San Francisco, San Diego has a better record than us

The combination of being home a lot, playing the Twins, Tigers, and Royals 27 of the last 50 games (they aren't great teams even though under Ventura they were terrible), and the weird stuff that happens the last two weeks of the season, I still think the Sox will stay under 100 losses. I think they're going to get to #2, and stay there.

But let's also see who's on the 25-man in 12 days.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 08:59 AM)
Updated Fangraphs ROS projections:

Before the trade we were projected to finish at 65 wins, 5 games ahead of the Phillies. It's now down to 63, 3 games ahead of the Phillies. #1 overall pick could still happen.

http://www.fangraphs.com/coolstandings.aspx

When/if we deal Swarzak/Avi/Melky/anyone else I see this team being very real contenders for the #1 overall selection. Our bullpen will be in complete shambles.

#thetankison