Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

The Tigers pulled off one of the most epic tank jobs in sports history. Good for them. Now watch they win this game lol. I have no idea who we would draft at 4th but it looks like there are 6 players at the top who are about the same quality. I also think the top 3 picks are going to be pitchers, which we aren't taking anyway. So we may get our top positional choice.

Edited by SonofaRoache

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quin @ Oct 1, 2017 -> 05:11 PM)
Assuming the top guys stay in place, the Sox will get one of Singer, Rocker, Turang, Kelenic or Madrigal.

Dream is get one of those then hopefully Gray or Beer tumbles to the second.

I don't think Beer gets close to our second pick.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Oct 1, 2017 -> 06:14 PM)
I don't think Beer gets close to our second pick.

I don't either, but his stock is collapsing and the baseball draft can be cruel.

Like Matuella and Hansen were preseason favorites to go 1-1 in their drafts.

QUOTE (Real @ Oct 1, 2017 -> 04:06 PM)
so who do you guys think the sox pick?

James Dean.

QUOTE (Real @ Oct 1, 2017 -> 04:06 PM)
is there a huge drop off from 1 to 4 in talent?

If the draft was tomorrow and you asked this question to the national writers - their response would be, "no." It's very possible that some player's performance next year alters that response thou.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 1, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
Many thanks to flavum and chili for keeping us updated all season long on this 2017 tank run. Appreciate it dudes. :gosox1:

Hey, no problem. It was nice to follow something in the standings this year, especially once we sold off all the tradeable assets.

I suspect this thread will be around next season, but maybe it won't appear until late summer when this team is lingering around 6-8 games under .500.

I wouldn't mind a top 10 pick next year, and I highly doubt we come anywhere near top 3 again.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 1, 2017 -> 11:05 AM)
You're right it did, they will now give up a 3rd round pick if they are under the tax threshold, which the Sox will be. My apologies.

https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/11/30/138...ails-luxury-tax

Let 'er rip then!

Here's another really good explanation of the rules. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/08/offs...ffer-rules.html

I really like Nick Madrigal. If he could develop a little power, IMO he may be the best player in this draft. He can hit, I've read where many think he can stick at SS. A smart player, a great baserunner, although doesn't have Moncada speed. I would worry about TA later, and let all that stuff sort itself out. But we will see what happens next season.