May 30th Game Thread: ChiSox vs. BoSox

Tonite the game that everyone is talking about. Chris Sale returns to Chicago facing his former teamates for the first time. I predict the SOX will win, LOL!

José Quintana (2-6, 4.82) vs. Chris Sale (5-2, 2.34)

Stadium: guaranteed Rate ↓ Field

Game start time: 7:10 PM Central Daylight Time

Broadcast Information

Announcers: Steve Stone and Jason Benetti (television), Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson (radio), Hector Molina and Billy Russo (Spanish radio)

Broadcast time:

Television - 7:00 PM Central, Re-airs: 12:30 AM Central (Wednesday, May 31st on CSN Plus), 2:00 PM Central (Wednesday, May 31st on CSN)

Radio - 6:35 PM Central

Televison:

CSN Comcast SportsNet Chicago

Radio:

Chicago AM 890 WLS / FM HD 94.7 WLS-FM-HD2 (using HD capable radios)

And the 'WLS White Sox Radio Network' http://mlb.mlb.com/cws/schedule/radio_affiliates.jsp

Satellite (USA and Canada): Sirius Channel 217?, XM Channel 177?

Spanish Radio:

Chicago AM 1200 WRTO (Univision Deportes Radio) / FM HD 105.1 WOJO-HD3 Evanston (using HD capable radios)

NOTE: I heard that the CSN telecast of this game will be streamed for free, live on Twitter under a new MLB arrangement on Tuesday nights. Also, a White Sox-Yankees game on June 27th will be shown on Twitter. Blackouts apply, so I suspect that means the streaming is not available anywhere in the CSN Comcast SportsNet 4-state zone where CSN is carried on cable or satellite.

Link for tonite's game: https://twitter.com/i/live/839923263773921280

Edited by InTheDriversSeat

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would expect Sale to hear mostly cheers tonight. He certainly did a lot for our team when he was here. Even though he became a pain in the neck towards the end and the immaturity was unfortunate to see. Nothing changed the fact that he's one of the best in the game though. I know I appreciate all he did when he was here. I'd expect him to be his usual Chris Sale self tonight--tough to hit and frequently dominant.

I will be tuning in tonight, and cheering for Sale from my computer chair here in CA. My favorite player in all of baseball, and it's sad to see him on the other team. Happy for him though, and happy for us. Our future is bright.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 30, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
Pedroia on the DL. Abreu and Holmberg- smh.

We discussed that play a bit yesterday but 1) I thought Holmberg was going to make it in time and 2) even if he wasn't why the hell did Jose slide instead of just running through the bag?

Between that slide and the Melky slide there were some bad slides at 1B yesterday.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 30, 2017 -> 04:25 PM)
I will be tuning in tonight, and cheering for Sale from my computer chair here in CA. My favorite player in all of baseball, and it's sad to see him on the other team. Happy for him though, and happy for us. Our future is bright.

I am as excited for this game as any I can remember other than the playoffs and the play in game with Griffey in 2008.

Today's lineup

1. Leury Garcia (S) CF

2. Melky Cabrera (S) LF

3. Jose Abreu ® 1B

4. Todd Frazier ® 3B

5. Avisail Garcia ® RF

6. Matt Davidson ® DH

7. Tim Anderson ® SS

8. Kevan Smith ® C

9. Yolmer Sanchez (S) 2B

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ May 30, 2017 -> 08:29 PM)
Stone keeps referring to Sale's change-up as a fastball?

No. Hes saying sale takes something off the FB . Not not as much as a change

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 30, 2017 -> 07:30 PM)
No. Hes saying sale takes something off the FB . Not not as much as a change

He's calling it a batting practice fastball. Which he wouldn't throw down and in to Frazier with 2 strikes. That pitch was clearly a change-up.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ May 30, 2017 -> 07:31 PM)
He's calling it a batting practice fastball. Which he wouldn't throw down and in to Frazier with 2 strikes. That pitch was clearly a change-up.

I think Stone is right. That pitch was 88, his change-up was 81.