May 30th Game Thread: ChiSox vs. BoSox

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2017 -> 05:55 PM)
We have no idea what they offered. All indications are the packages sucked

I recall the rumor that we were offered something with Tucker and Martes, and we wanted Musgrove included. WTF.

Also, at this point, I just want Sale to K as many people as possible. I mean Woods-Ian. Throwing way too many pitches though.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ May 30, 2017 -> 06:58 PM)
Guess they should have dealt Q in the offseason.. but who would have thought he would struggle this badly.

There was no point in keeping him. Teams weren't gonna increase their offers for him because he isn't all that exciting or dominant of a pitcher. He is good but teams are afraid to invest too much in him. I figured he would crash and burn this year as a slap in the face of the rebuild.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 30, 2017 -> 08:06 PM)
Quintana/Schwarber trade makes so much sense....honestly...they're not doing either team any good.

That would be a horrible trade and one you could still make in a year or two.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2017 -> 08:07 PM)
White Sox don't give up this year like they did pretty much the entire second half last season....well, most of the 2013-16 Sox teams, for that matter, when dealing with adversity.

If the Sox had role players like Yolmer, Leury, Davidson etc playing well in previous seasons the rebuild likely never would have started.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 30, 2017 -> 07:06 PM)
Quintana/Schwarber trade makes so much sense....honestly...they're not doing either team any good.

Glad you're not managing my investment portfolio. Now is not the time to panic. Sell when everyone's super confident, buy when there's fear in the atmosphere.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 30, 2017 -> 07:58 PM)
I love how people just criticize just for the hell of it. No one knows what teams offered. Hahn was selling high. ITS WHAT HE SUPPOSED TO DO!!!! Some just wanna trade to make a trade

Selling high? Quintana's value has plummeted. As I said all offseason there was a ton more downside risk than there was potential upside gain. I obviously don't know what was offered this past winter, but given the overall lack of quality starting pitching it's hard to believe someone wouldn't have offered fair value. My concern (which we'll never know for sure) is that Hahn did not value Quintana appropriately and underestimated the considerable risk of holding him.

And the worst part is if team's didn't think Quintana was a TOR starter before, he's going to have a hell of a time convincing GMs & scouts he is one now after that disaster of a season.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 30, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)
Selling high? Quintana's value has plummeted. As I said all offseason there was a ton more downside risk than there was potential upside gain. I obviously don't know what was offered this past winter, but given the overall lack of quality starting pitching it's hard to believe someone wouldn't have offered fair value. My concern (which we'll never know for sure) is that Hahn did not value Quintana appropriately and underestimated the considerable risk of holding him.

And the worst part is if team's didn't think Quintana was a TOR starter before, he's going to have a hell of a time convincing GMs & scouts he is one now after that disaster of a season.

*sigh* I was talking bout the offseason

The Sox FO bet on Quintana and lost. It sucks, but you gotta move on and hope he can get beyond it. Now, Hahn can work on getting value out of the Sox excellent bullpen and the surprisingly competent Derek Holland.

Avi 913

Abreu 870

Davidson 853

Sanchez 793

Leury 790

Melky 715

Sale at 61 pitches, 2.64 ERA now.

Gardner and Holliday with two homers a piece, that Yankees' line-up is just mowing down everyone. Looks like they and the Astros are the two best AL teams.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ May 30, 2017 -> 09:19 PM)
Benetti just made a jackazz of himself making a routine fly out that didn't even make the warning track sound like it was a home run.

Benetti is just awful. He is really getting on my nerves.

+1

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ May 31, 2017 -> 02:19 AM)
Benetti just made a jackazz of himself making a routine fly out that didn't even make the warning track sound like it was a home run.

Benetti is just awful. He is really getting on my nerves.

Get used to it, he will be here as long as he wants