Kathy Griffin Does Something Very Stupid

greg775

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 01:33 PM)
Advil kills more americans than ISIS, so yes.

Rock, with all the bullets you dodge daily living in and working in Chicago, we are fortunate you are still with us. Now you have to worry about being beheaded too

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 01:47 PM)
Rock, with all the bullets you dodge daily living in and working in Chicago, we are fortunate you are still with us. Now you have to worry about being beheaded too

I actually drive through the west side on my bike several times a week, havent been hit yet.

That Kathy Griffin press conference is pretty wild. At least they did call what she did "art." I always figured that was the way to go.

The problem, Lisa Bloom (attorney) is your client did something very gross and nobody wants to see a fake severed head and what that severed head represents and as such, your client's career is over. Still, whoever is sending her death threats should be thrown in jail.

Bottom line: CNN had a chance to save her career. But fired her from its New Years Eve gig, so she's done. All the venues are canceling her shows.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 1, 2017 -> 09:17 AM)
At first I thought "who would be the male equivalent of doing this be?" I first thought Adam Sandler but then realized, he was at least relevant before while Kathy Griffin isn't even a has been. More like a "never was."

My go to is Andy Dick.

Posting with no comment:

Earlier this afternoon, comedian Kathy Griffin called a press conference to set the record straight on her controversial photo shoot holding what appears to be the bloody severed head of Donald Trump earlier this week. As evidenced by behind-the-scenes footage taken at the shoot, both Griffin and photographer Tyler Shields were well aware that they were making something potentially incendiary. But today, a tearful Griffin described what she characterized as an outsized response to her exercising her First Amendment rights. “I didn’t think people would threaten to murder me or mobilize people to murder me,” she said.

“I don’t think I will have a career after this. He broke me, and then I was like, ‘No, this isn’t right.’ And then I apologized and then I realized what was really happening and then it was a mob mentality,” she said, her attorney Lisa Bloom by her side. Griffin says she’s been losing work—including five stand-up tour dates—and getting constant death threats ever since the photo was published on Tuesday, with Bloom adding that she’s also under investigation by the Secret Service for the remark. The worst of it, according to both women, is coming from the Trump family, which is using its unparalleled influence to put pressure on Griffin from both the public and private sectors.

“He’s not just Donald Trump, real estate developer, and this isn’t just another celebrity feud. He’s the president of the United States,” Bloom said. “His family is calling on Kathy on Twitter to be fired from all of her jobs. This is outrageous and unprecedented.” She adds, “For the first time in history that we are aware of, the President of the United States and his family has personally attempted to ruin a comedian. “The message was clear: Criticize the president, lose your job,” she concluded, before pointing out, like many have on social media, that Ted Nugent made threats against President Obama during his administration, and got invited to the White House once Trump got into office.

Characterizing the response as “bullying,” Bloom re-iterated Griffin’s statement that the photo shoot was a response to Trump’s misogynistic quip that then-Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly had “blood coming out of her eyes, or wherever.” Griffin also re-iterated that her apology for the stunt “absolutely stands,” while defiantly declaring that he “picked the wrong redhead.” “I am not afraid of Donald Trump. He’s a bully,” she said. “I get what I am, I’m the shiny object so that nobody’s talking about his FBI investigation.”

She’s not finding much support in Hollywood, either: Aside from a handful of comedians, like Jim Carrey and Jamie Foxx, the silence from Griffin’s colleagues has been notable. Her now-former CNN co-host Anderson Cooper went so far as to condemn her on Twitter, writing, “For the record, I am appalled by the photo shoot Kathy Griffin took part in. It is clearly disgusting and completely inappropriate.”

via

I don't feel bad for her either. Either don't do it, or be willing to stand behind it if you do. Because she did NEITHER - that's the reason she "may not have a career anymore".

If she'd stood by her art and not rolled over the split second someone got mad, she'd be killing it right now. But as it is, take f***ing responsibility. Whining about Trump ruining your life creates zero pity from anyone.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 09:10 PM)
I don't feel bad for her either. Either don't do it, or be willing to stand behind it if you do. Because she did NEITHER - that's the reason she "may not have a career anymore".

If she'd stood by her art and not rolled over the split second someone got mad, she'd be killing it right now. But as it is, take f***ing responsibility. Whining about Trump ruining your life creates zero pity from anyone.

Agreed. She had a chance to be the badass and tell everybody to f*** off, it's art. Ted Nugent never backed down did he? I still see him yapping on TV or youtube and he's still touring right? She probably was smart to have a news conference though. Fighting back is the right thing to do considering Trump is hated by so many. She probably should go on a few of the Late Night shows and resurrect her career by bashing Trump all day every day.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2017 -> 05:25 PM)
Agreed. She had a chance to be the badass and tell everybody to f*** off, it's art. Ted Nugent never backed down did he? I still see him yapping on TV or youtube and he's still touring right? She probably was smart to have a news conference though. Fighting back is the right thing to do considering Trump is hated by so many. She probably should go on a few of the Late Night shows and resurrect her career by bashing Trump all day every day.

I don't know.... a news conference where she's whining and crying about Trump ruining her career turned me off even more. And y'all know how I feel about Trump.

The question is ... when Trump gets impeached and removed from office, is that an out of jail card for Kathy Griffin? I mean we know Trump is not going to last. So the moment he gets the hook from office, does Kathy get to go on tour again? You've probably seen every one of her concert dates have been canceled by the hosts.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 3, 2017 -> 12:14 AM)
The question is ... when Trump gets impeached and removed from office, is that an out of jail card for Kathy Griffin? I mean we know Trump is not going to last. So the moment he gets the hook from office, does Kathy get to go on tour again? You've probably seen every one of her concert dates have been canceled by the hosts.

How are the Dixie Chicks doing today?

They were A List stars when they got into political hot water.

She will probably write a book...if there are enough people who care about this supposed confrontation with Trump on the left to buy it.