June 4th Game Thread

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 10:18 PM)
Robertson's stuff was brutal today. It is very strange how often his stuff fluctuates between dominant and mediocre.

Cause his fastball stinks now so if his curve is off, he has no chance. They aren't getting anything significant for him

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 09:18 PM)
Robertson's stuff was brutal today. It is very strange how often his stuff fluctuates between dominant and mediocre.

That was one of the few games he hasn't had that curve. But, as Stone Pony was saying he was fighting it the whole outing so why keep calling for it!!!??? Ridiculous

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 09:22 PM)
That was one of the few games he hasn't had that curve. But, as Stone Pony was saying he was fighting it the whole outing so why keep calling for it!!!??? Ridiculous

Cooper rules! :)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 09:23 PM)
Cooper rules! :)

E

Even Melton is pointing that out. They showed the same pitch three straight times to Upton. The offense just didn't come through when needed earlier in the game. Lots of mental errors

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Soha @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 04:25 PM)
And the Sox are now tied with the A's for the worst record in the AL.

But we should try to compete. We have all the pieces we need. Look at all the great development! We don't need a rebuild :bang

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 04:29 PM)
If the Sox don't have the 2nd worst record in baseball two weeks from today, I'll be very surprised.

Hopefully, but I think you're being a little ambitious

Just saw your edit

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 04:34 PM)
Isn't this what we want?

Seems some are getting so upset we loser, like this was suppose to be a good year.

White Sox can't be too bad, Knights can't be too good. That's this season in a nutshell.

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 09:34 PM)
Isn't this what we want?

Seems some are getting so upset we loser, like this was suppose to be a good year.

I'm all for losing when it's guys like Pelfrey and Covey. Seeing Q and Robertson get shelled is not beneficial for the rebuild

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 04:36 PM)
I'm all for losing when it's guys like Pelfrey and Covey. Seeing Q and Robertson get shelled is less beneficial for the rebuild

FIFY. You want Q to be good to move him, but the majority of a rebuild is still run through the draft.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 04:36 PM)
I'm all for losing when it's guys like Pelfrey and Covey. Seeing Q and Robertson get shelled is not beneficial for the rebuild

I don't think you know what you want. You've been the biggest complainer of any and everything this year.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 04:38 PM)
FIFY. You want Q to be good to move him, but the majority of a rebuild is still run through the draft.

Agreed. I want Q, Frazier, Kahnle, Swarzak, etc to all do well so their trade value increases, but ultimately it's for the best if the Sox are picking as high as possible in the draft. A 1-0 loss with Q pitching a gem tomorrow night would be perfect.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 09:38 PM)

I would disagree and say the prospects they hoped to get for Q would have been more of a sure thing

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 09:40 PM)
Agreed. I want Q, Frazier, Kahnle, Swarzak, etc to all do well so their trade value increases, but ultimately it's for the best if the Sox are picking as high as possible in the draft. A 1-0 loss with Q pitching a gem tomorrow night would be perfect.

2-1 loss with two unearned runs and an Anderson triple that scores Avi after a triple

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jun 4, 2017 -> 04:40 PM)

Right and as the big club gets better, it's on the team to continue to draft well. But right now, the draft is where we need to excel, because prospects are becoming more and more valuable.