6/9 Games

caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 08:56 PM)
Hey I like Collins and think he can be a starting catcher. Just don't want him to be a .200 hitter.

Agreed. A Hr tonight was great and all. However, 1-4 with 2 k's wasnt. I would rather see him go 2-3 with a walk and no k's for a few games. What level he is in or batters around him won't matter if he's striking out swinging.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 10:20 PM)
Spencer Adams with a Maddux, been very impressive this year.

It's not like Adams is old, he's 21. Imagine if he was coming out of college right now facing inferior competition to what he's seen. He'd probably be fairly hightly touted. He may not have overpowering stuff but I agree he can be an effective option.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 07:59 PM)
Collins might be that rare guy that hits better for average as he goes up the ladder. He knows the zone. Maybe the focus on defense has taken away from his hitting, but he'll go to AA next year and hit .260 with 20 bombs.

This is where I'm at too, reports coming from the org are inspiring with regards to his defense and as he moves up the zone gets much tighter, I'm sure that will only help him. Maybe we're looking at a Mickey Tettleton type of player