Gore

Haseley

Beck

Lewis

Smith

White

Kendall

Adell

That's my bat order preference in terms of how well I think they'll play out over their career regardless of pick order and removing the big two two-way players.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:25 PM)
I think I'm hoping for Haseley. If we have to go high-risk, I'd much rather have Beck than Kendall. I'd much rather have a bat than Bukauskas or Faedo. Except I'd much rather have Bukauskas or Faedo than a 1b-only bat like Smith or White.

Absolute dream scenario would be Royce Lewis falling somehow.

Evan White is not necessarily a 1B only type bat though given his other tools. I don't necessarily see him being the pick, but he's certainly interesting.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:34 PM)
Gore

Haseley

Beck

Lewis

Smith

White

Kendall

Adell

That's my bat order preference in terms of how well I think they'll play out over their career regardless of pick order and removing the big two two-way players.

You'd prefer Gore as a hitter over pitcher?

So a lot of s*** flying right now, between the Twins indecision, the rumors of both the Rays and Braves going underslot at 4 and 5.

What is the best of what we think we know for sure?

- Reds are on Hunter Greene at 2.

- Twins will take one of McKay, Wright, or Lewis

- Padres go with Gore...is this irregardless of what the Twins do?

- Rays may go with Bubba Thompson, but if Lewis is still here, could take him despite signability concerns

- Braves seem to be on Hiura here, unless of course Wright slips due to the Twins going with McKay or Lewis and the Rays going underslot with Thompson

- A's have been scouting the prospects out of NC quite a bit, whether Tarheels or prep Austin Beck; A's will likely go with Wright if he somehow falls to them, or else will likely choose one of the Carolina guys or even potentially Hiura

- Dbacks are another team hoping both the Rays and Braves go underslot, so they can take one of McKay/Wright/Lewis (whomever falls)

- Phillies likely looking at one of the Virginia bats, could be either Smith or Haseley, or else if they go SP might take Faedo

- Brewers likely to go with a HS bat if available here, potentially Adell or Beck if available, although with their rebuild potentially moving ahead of schedule, perhaps they grab a college player higher on their board if one falls to them

- Anaheim...this is where stuff starts getting really fuzzy...Adell if he is there? Faedo? Smith? Buauskas?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)
1st round: Beck, Kendall, or JB Bakaukas (spelling?)

2nd round: Seise or Vilade

I'd be happy with any of those picks

I taught Vilade in school along with his sister in Texas. One of the best kids I've ever been around. Really really hope he ends up in a white sox uniform.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 02:19 PM)
Yeah, move Heimlich stuff to the thread on the Future Sox board.

Any steals Sox should look for later on?

Yes, I said it earlier in the thread but Joe Dunand in the 3-6th area. Could see him turning into a 3B with plus glove, 20-25hr power, and .270ish hitter. BA has him at #190.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:40 PM)
Yes, I said it earlier in the thread but Joe Dunand in the 3-6th area. Could see him turning into a 3B with plus glove, 20-25hr power, and .270ish hitter. BA has him at #190.

How does a 40 grade fielder turn into a plus glove at 3B? He's not a bad round 3-6 gamble, but the hit tool is questionable once he starts seeing better pitching. The power is interesting for sure though.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:35 AM)
You'd prefer Gore as a hitter over pitcher?

Honestly I'd try to let him DH and pitch, both of his skill sets should allow him to do so and there seems to be a talent / industry trend moving towards this tactic.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:50 PM)
1. Haseley

2. Beck

3. Adell

4. White

5. Smith

6. Kendall

I'm starting to warm up to White being selected at 11. Love his versatility and similarities to Bellinger minus the power.

I'm not crazy about the Bellinger comparison. Seems to just be trying to anchor White as higher. I like White, but this is just a more flattering way of complimenting his defense. Bellinger's power and left-handedness are pretty distinct traits to remove.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 12:07 PM)
Actually I can. I am not sure we even disagree not that it matters. Keep the discussion on Heimlich in the thread designated to talk about Heimlich. Pretty simple.

Yea man - you can do whatever you want... but for the first time in the 4 years you've been here I can say that your statements have been disrespectful and contradictory.

You opened the door wide open for discussion by making a controversial statement which had merit... then shut the door.

Respectfully said... Poorly done.

I am warming to the idea of Kendall. I really wanted him in round 3 out of HS. If things click for him you have a superstar. If they don't you have a run of the mill #11 pick. Bukauskus seems like a reliever, which is good, but not enough upside at #11.

Sounds like Lewis is slipping due to some predraft deals, would love to get him or Haseley.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 02:27 PM)
Yea man - you can do whatever you want... but for the first time in the 4 years you've been here I can say that your statements have been disrespectful and contradictory.

You opened the door wide open for discussion by making a controversial statement which had merit... then shut the door.

Respectfully said... Poorly done.

I don't think he meant to shut the door just move it out of this draft thread. Discuss all you want, in the appropriate thread. At least that's how I took his comments.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 02:36 PM)
Don't really like the idea of Bukauskus as we already have enough small-stature SP prospects that many scouts think end up as relievers, would prefer White over him.

This. We need bats.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 02:39 PM)
This. We need bats.

Why get bats over someone that the Sox think could be a top of the rotation starter?

If Kyle Wright fell, would you pass on him for a bat? What about Hunter Greene?

No you wouldn't.