2017 Draft prediction thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:26 AM)
No way Rooker lasts until our second round pick. I actually suspect he could go late first round. He put up monster numbers in the SEC this season.

It's my pipedream picks but holding out hope that one (if not both) will slip.

Edited by Sleepy Harold

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:32 AM)
Would Beck be a guy we could get underslot at 11?

Austin Beck? Definitely not.

Tristan Beck? We could get for incredibly under slot as he does not project as a first round talent.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 12:28 PM)
Well we previously drafted him, so that always shows interest and often seems to reconnect.

He lost about a year in Missouri to an injury (not TJ), and struggled enormously to control anything. This year he was better, but I've seen nothing that projects him as more than a reliever.

He would be a great relief prospect, but good arm, no control relief prospects don't seem like round 2/3 guys, especially with TJ already.

The Sox have just seemed to be fans of re-drafting in the past, which is the basis for my guess.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 12:03 PM)
pipe dream scenario

1(11) - Adam Haseley

2(49) - Brendon Little

3(87) - Brent Rooker

4(117) - Luis Gonzalez

5(147) - Will Toffey

If Rooker is on the board at #49 I would be shocked. No way the Sox pass him up if he is there in the second round.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:19 PM)
I highly doubt he gets drafted day 1 by any organization. Far too many other players that do not have that level of baggage associated with them.

I can definitely see him getting drafted tomorrow.

Pray it isn't the Sox.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 12:21 PM)
I can definitely see him getting drafted tomorrow.

Pray it isn't the Sox.

Eh, this is not a DUI or significant character concerns. He is a sex offender and molested a 6 year old at age 15.

Organizations have a reputation to maintain and it just isn't worth the headache.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 01:23 PM)
Eh, this is not a DUI or significant character concerns. He is a sex offender and molested a 6 year old at age 15.

Organizations have a reputation to maintain and it just isn't worth the headache.

You have more faith in all 30 teams than I do.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:33 AM)
Austin Beck? Definitely not.

Tristan Beck? We could get for incredibly under slot as he does not project as a first round talent.

Tristan Beck is by all accounts goin to be an overslot/tough sign. He's a draft eligible sophomore who has the leverage to go back to school and re-establish​ himself in his junior year. I would link but I'm on a flight with horrific WiFi.

Just to avoid clogging this thread up with the debate on the child molesting issue, can we please post those thoughts in the thread in Future Sox ? Not that I don't think it is worth discussing, but it's a sensitive, emotional debate that is starting to spill over into multiple threads.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 10:23 AM)
Eh, this is not a DUI or significant character concerns. He is a sex offender and molested a 4 year old at age 15 and continued to do so for 2 years until he was caught as a 17 year old.

Adjusted for accuracy

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 10:50 AM)
Just to avoid clogging this thread up with the debate on the child molesting issue, can we please post those thoughts in the thread in Future Sox ? Not that I don't think it is worth discussing, but it's a sensitive, emotional debate that is starting to spill over into multiple threads.

Noted. Good call.

Draft, start now... please.

I also am compelled to say that his name alone makes me want to vomit.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 10:59 AM)
Adjusted for accuracy

Where did you hear this? I found articles clearly describing the event on a 6 year old as a 15 year old, but have found nothing describing it as an ongoing thing. I could possibly dig up some mercy if it was a one-time thing at 15, but the situation you describe puts it in a whole other ballpark.

I think I'm hoping for Haseley. If we have to go high-risk, I'd much rather have Beck than Kendall. I'd much rather have a bat than Bukauskas or Faedo. Except I'd much rather have Bukauskas or Faedo than a 1b-only bat like Smith or White.

Absolute dream scenario would be Royce Lewis falling somehow.

Edited by Eminor3rd