2017-2018 NHL discussion thread

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 1, 2017 -> 10:04 AM)
Hawks signing Tommy Wingels too. Awesome

Saad-Toews-Panik

Schmaltz-Anisomov-Kane

Sharp-Wingels-Hartman

Hayden-Kero-Jurco

Dauphin/Hino/Tootoo

I really like that forward group

What is awesome about Tommy Wingels?

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 04:21 PM)
Kruger traded to Vegas.

For "future considerations ". Pure salary dump.

Carey Price signs with Montreal for 8 years, $10.5 AAV, tying him with Toews and Kane for highest yearly salary in the league (until McDavid signs his deal). 100% chance that giving a goalie that deal works out poorly

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 07:40 PM)
For "future considerations ". Pure salary dump.

Carey Price signs with Montreal for 8 years, $10.5 AAV, tying him with Toews and Kane for highest yearly salary in the league (until McDavid signs his deal). 100% chance that giving a goalie that deal works out poorly

Yet in this day and age factoring in a goalie's value, and considering MTL's failure to surround him with offensive talent necessary to win even before this deal, he is worth every cent.

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 8m8 minutes ago McDavid's cap hit will go from $925K in 2017-18 to $12.5M in 2018-19. That's an increase of 1,251%

SportsCenterVerified account @SportsCenter

Breaking: Oilers sign Connor McDavid to 8-year, $100 million contract extension. http://es.pn/2sqWPEF

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 02:35 PM)
ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 8m8 minutes ago McDavid's cap hit will go from $925K in 2017-18 to $12.5M in 2018-19. That's an increase of 1,251%

SportsCenterVerified account @SportsCenter

Breaking: Oilers sign Connor McDavid to 8-year, $100 million contract extension. http://es.pn/2sqWPEF

That's a lot of Loonies. Good to see small market Edmonton locking up a superstar, instead of trading him to LA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 18, 2017 -> 08:23 AM)
I'm a little worried that second line is going to be very weak physically although rich with talent. Putting Anisimov and Sharp on the third line is a good decision though.

Probably could use a bigger body on that second line. I'm very intrigued to see if DeBrincat makes the roster to and see what he is capable of. I know to keep expectations low though.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
Probably could use a bigger body on that second line. I'm very intrigued to see if DeBrincat makes the roster to and see what he is capable of. I know to keep expectations low though.

I just wanted to post exactly this. I hope he is in the line up tonight because I am excited to see if he can stand up to NHL size.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 10:15 AM)
I just wanted to post exactly this. I hope he is in the line up tonight because I am excited to see if he can stand up to NHL size.

Sorry, gonna have to wait, not playing tonight. Looking at this roster, not much reason to even watch tonight.

https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/910151611305086981

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 19, 2017 -> 10:55 AM)
Sorry, gonna have to wait, not playing tonight. Looking at this roster, not much reason to even watch tonight.

https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/910151611305086981

Blah. All though the fact he isn't going with the rest of the starters... hopefully that is a sign they wanted him working with the big named guys.