2017-2018 NHL discussion thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 7, 2017 -> 12:27 PM)
Barstool has the scoop that the 2019 Winter Classic will be at Notre Dame between the Bruins and...................Blackhawks. Again.

When Hawks fans are kinda over it, that's when you know the Hawks should maybe skip an outdoor game for year or 2.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2017 -> 03:02 PM)
Mark Lazerus‏Verified account @MarkLazerus 5h5 hours ago Blackhawks this morning: Sharp-Toews-Kane Saad-Anisimov-Panik DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Hartman Bouma-Wingels-Hayden Keith-Rutta Forsling-Seabrook Murphy-Franson

5 replies 28 retweets 86 likes

Q is breaking out the nuclear option on November 9.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Nov 9, 2017 -> 08:34 PM)
Any chance Q may be in trouble if they keep trending this way? Not looking so good right now.

He may be, I don't think him and Bowman are best friends.

Head coaches are so easy to fire as opposed to GMs, but the problem seems to be lack of young impact talent.

Personally, I would give him one more year to make the second round again

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 12, 2017 -> 07:56 PM)
Apparently the Blackhawks have remembered how to score? That is nine goals over their last 3 periods, plus the few minutes of OT.

And then they immediately forget how to play defense.

Nice to have Eddie O back. And he called the team out with a solid on point criticism.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 12, 2017 -> 08:42 PM)
And then they immediately forget how to play defense.

Nice to have Eddie O back. And he called the team out with a solid on point criticism.

Eddie and Pat are the best broadcast name in professional sports. Bar none.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 08:00 AM)
Well yeah, he is for a lot of reasons, but I struggle to see why this game is such a bad idea?

It's the same teams every year. The Flyers aren't even good anymore. You just had Nashville in the Final, the buzz down there is huge, why don't you let them play in an outdoor game?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 10:37 AM)
It's the same teams every year. The Flyers aren't even good anymore. You just had Nashville in the Final, the buzz down there is huge, why don't you let them play in an outdoor game?

Because there's a good chance it'll be 60 degrees and only about 15 days where the average nightly low drops below freezing?

Paul Skrbina‏ @ChiTribSkrbina 58m58 minutes ago Duncan Keith: "I want to play till I’m 45. Eleven more years. I feel like I’m 22 right now. ...I feel better than I did at times when I was 27, 28." Joel Quenneville's response: "I could see it. I don’t think he’ll be playing these kind of minutes but I like his ambition."