2017-2018 NHL discussion thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 12:57 PM)
They got 2 first round picks? I thought it was a 1st, 4th and a prospect

No, I mean for this 2018 draft, not from the trade. Although the chances are very small, the Hawks *could* end up with the #1 overall pick AND another 1st RD pick from where Nashville ends up.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 01:14 PM)
a 1st round pick is great for Hartman, but the problem is young, cost-controlled talent is vital for the Hawks and now they have to find someone as good as him, which hasn't been the easier for Bowman.

I think they are hoping for Hayden to fill that role. Hartman has taken too many dumb penalties and not progressed in that phase since he got here.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 01:14 PM)
a 1st round pick is great for Hartman, but the problem is young, cost-controlled talent is vital for the Hawks and now they have to find someone as good as him, which hasn't been the easier for Bowman.

He was a RFA next season. I get the young part, but he might of been asking for too much (or was a bit of an issue in the locker room). Can't go wrong with a deal like this though.

And we should all hope Boston wins the 1st round now.

• 1 month later...

Good for Seabrook, 1000 games with the same team is impressive.

I do find it funny that they make the opposing team sit through these ceremonies too. That's an extra 10+ minutes sitting there, they could at least let them hang in the locker room, I've seen it happen before.

And the Hawks starting goalie tonight is from Rancho Cucamonga. There's a first time for everything

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 07:53 PM)
Good for Seabrook, 1000 games with the same team is impressive.

I do find it funny that they make the opposing team sit through these ceremonies too. That's an extra 10+ minutes sitting there, they could at least let them hang in the locker room, I've seen it happen before.

And the Hawks starting goalie tonight is from Rancho Cucamonga. There's a first time for everything

And the starting goalie from Rancho Cucamonga gets hurt, so in comes a 36 year old rookie from Johnnys Ice House who last played at Western Michigan 11 years ago. And he stops all 7 shots!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 10:21 PM)
And the starting goalie from Rancho Cucamonga gets hurt, so in comes a 36 year old rookie from Johnnys Ice House who last played at Western Michigan 11 years ago. And he stops all 7 shots!

That was f***ing awesome. I hope he goes out tonight.