2017-2018 NHL discussion thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 04:46 PM)
Didn't they win the series?

They beat the Hawks that year, but I assume he is talking about the Stanley Cup Finals that year when the team scored 8 goals in 7 games and the city of Vancouver nearly burned down afterwards.

They were speed bumps on the Hawks first Cup run, but still hell of a career.

Henrik: 1,327 games, 1,068 points

Daniel: 1,303 games, 1,038 points

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 10:30 PM)
They beat the Hawks that year, but I assume he is talking about the Stanley Cup Finals that year when the team scored 8 goals in 7 games and the city of Vancouver nearly burned down afterwards.

This is correct.

1 game left.

The Hawks currently have the 8th pick in the draft.

The BEST they can do is the 7th pick, with a regulation loss, and 1 point from Edmonton this weekend. (Or, if the Hawks win in a shootout, EDM wins in regulation by like 8 goals)

The WORST they can do is the 10th pick, I believe, although the rules are a bit tricky and I don't feel like putting in the effort.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 10:15 PM)
Panarin with the OT winner tonight

That trade is and still was terrible. Lets hope Saad rebounds next season. But the myth of Panarin not performing in the playoffs can be put to rest. I still wonder why Q never let him have his own line instead of riding shotgun with Kane the whole time.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 12:29 AM)
That trade is and still was terrible. Lets hope Saad rebounds next season. But the myth of Panarin not performing in the playoffs can be put to rest. I still wonder why Q never let him have his own line instead of riding shotgun with Kane the whole time.

They lost in 2 OT, but he was the best player on the ice again last night. But in 2019-2020, the Hawks will be better off salary cap wise, which is huge because Seabrook, Keith, and Crawford will only be turning 34, 36, and 34. And Crawford still might not know his home address.

13 hours ago, SoxAce said:

https://theathletic.com/264706/2018/03/07/tracking-the-hawks-the-blackhawks-could-learn-something-from-the-lightning/

Anyone who has a subscription to the Athletic, this is a fantastic read about Q's system being flawed.

There has always seemed to be a disconnect between the type of players Q wants and the guys Bowman actually acquires.

Tonight is the NHL draft. Here's hoping the Hawks win the lottery. Hell, I'll take a top 3 pick.

2018 NHL Draft Lottery Info ........

Start Time: Pick Nos. 4-15 revealed at 7:30 p.m. ET,

Pick Nos. 1-3 announced during the second intermission of Vegas-San Jose Game 2 at approximately 9:30 p.m. ET.

TV: NBC

After last night I will feel better if Vegas keeps advancing in the playoffs.  You can't just show up to the party and never have your heart ripped out. Having an OT winner disallowed ranks up there, so now the fans have a better idea of how crazy playoff hockey can be

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Haha that's awesome. Mariota looks so uncomfortable. :lol:

Totally, he's the sober guy trying to distance himself from his friends, but he can't shake them. 

What a game tonight, it turns out when the two best teams play each other in round 2, it's gonna be fun.  Winnipeg will be loud.