2017-2018 NHL discussion thread

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

I'm all in on the VGK for Champs. I still can't believe how well they are playing and I have been saying that since October.

I just can't root for a Vegas championship, nothing against the players, I enjoy watching them.

I'll be annoyed that a city gets their first professional franchise ever and just cruises to the championship in their first year in the toughest playoff format.  I'd rather see a city like Winnipeg win it, after all they went through with losing a team, then getting back and sucking, and hockey is their life blood.  Them or I'm on Team Ovie, finally made it past the 2nd round, would love to see him raise the Cup.

2 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I just can't root for a Vegas championship, nothing against the players, I enjoy watching them.

I'll be annoyed that a city gets their first professional franchise ever and just cruises to the championship in their first year in the toughest playoff format.  I'd rather see a city like Winnipeg win it, after all they went through with losing a team, then getting back and sucking, and hockey is their life blood.  Them or I'm on Team Ovie, finally made it past the 2nd round, would love to see him raise the Cup.

Lol I know what you mean, I just think it's a pretty good story though. Vegas as a city is undeserving of a 1st year Championship but the team itself has played with alot of juice.I just gotta respect that.

Winnipeg would be my 2nd choice,i do find the Canadian SC drought funny though so if Winnipeg loses at least it wouldn't be the worst thing seeing Canadian hopefuls see the drought continue. Caps are such chokers in years past I have a hard time believing they will beat the Lightning, Ovi finally got some redemption but Tampa is fast and beat a young and hungry Bruins team. At least the conference finals will be interesting, just hoping Winnipeg smacks around Nashville in G7.

12 hours ago, soxfan18 said:

?

We saw a new champion in 2012, the Kings. 

I said in 10 years. Hawks, Pens and Kings have been trading cups in that time span, with Bruins winning theirs in '11.

Edited by SoxAce

I’d like to see Washington win just for Ovechkin but i don’t care if WSH wins beyond that. Atleast win the ECF. 

Generally i cheer against any Canadian based team. Always enjoy when the last team from Canada goes out just bc of their media. For some reason though I’ve always had a soft spot for the Flames. But I’m on the Jets bandwagon this year. I’m ok with the 25 year drought ending with the Jets winning it. 

11 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Vegas in the finals. An expansion team IN THE FINALS. What a story... and they are for real.

Amazing.  It would have seemed impossible in October, but watching them play now you can totally see how they have done it.  It reminds me that when the Hawks did when the Cup, as awesome as the stars played, they always had a 4th line that could play with any other line on the opponents.  The depth is huge.

In Hawks' news, Hossa made it "official" that he is done.  Best free agent signing in Chicago sports history.

23 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Blues fans? Leafs fans are probably gonna riot. :lol:

11 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

In the 1966-1967 season, the Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup Finals.  There were 6 teams in the league.  

In 67-68, they expanded to 12 teams.  The Leafs haven't been back to the Finals since.

Absolutely correct but I just like to laugh at Blues misery more is all.