2017-2018 NHL discussion thread

57 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

One of the rare SCF that I don't care which team wins. I'm good with either. 

I should be a bigger fan of Vegas winning, especially cause I was hiding under an Aria card table on October 1, but their fans can't win a Cup with their first pro team ever . And Ovi is the man 

Either way, it's looking like a great series to start.

I'm rooting for Washington (mostly for Ovi and because the first year expansion thing), and it feels very much like rooting for the Hawks. They seem a little slower, a little sloppy, a little late to loose pucks,  etc. Maybe it's just a function of rooting for a team that I perceive it that way. Anyway, even the Cup winning Hawks teams always felt like that to me, so I'm not going to lose faith.

3 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I should be a bigger fan of Vegas winning, especially cause I was hiding under an Aria card table on October 1, but their fans can't win a Cup with their first pro team ever . And Ovi is the man 

Either way, it's looking like a great series to start.

It'll be a hell of a Hollywood script though because of that, not to mention it'll piss off alot of fanbases like the Blues, Leafs etc that can't even get to a SCF that a team with a bunch of castoffs can. :lol:

Love me some Ovechkin though, he deserves one 

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Ex-Blue enforcer gets away with a cheap.shot and the game is tied.

It's like Hawks Flyers game 1

Tom Wilson's "hit" was way worse. 

Edited by SoxAce

8 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Amazing save by Holtby to save the game late. Expected Washington to give it up late with all the penalties but they held on.  

Best of 5 series now

Thank god Holtby made that ridiculous save, this series has been really damn fun. Hoping for all 7 games.

4 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Ovechkin with a Conn Smythe winning performance this playoffs. What a player.

When it comes to scoring goals, there's never been anyone better. He's going to pass Howe at the very least, with an outside chance at becoming the All time leader. That feat, coming at a time where the Art Ross winner usually has 100-110 points, is incredible. and more impressive than whatever goal scoring that Gretzky or Howe did. Goalies are bigger and better than they ever have been, with lighter and bigger equipment too. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

47 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

Ovion the power play is so fun to watch. Everyone in the arena knows where the puck is headed and he still gets a shot in the net

Ovi needs to get a game winner here or take us 7 games.this has been such a fun series

39 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Ovi needs to get a game winner here or take us 7 games.this has been such a fun series

That was a great series, even with no overtime games.

Well deserved for Ovi, what a career. But my favorite was the last two minutes of every game they were winning, he was losing his shit on the bench, but wasn't getting in a one goal game.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:33 AM, GGajewski18 said:

Scott Powers came out with an article that he's heard the Hawks will be targeting Justin Faulk, Scott Darling, Tommy Wingels, and James VanRiems Dyke in the off season.

For a team that’s typically cash-strapped, I can’t imagine they would want a back-up goalie who makes $4m a year...unless Crawford is finished.

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

What was said? 

I'll just copy and paste this from another board.

On his latest podcast, titled “Is Patrick Kane the real captain of the Blackhawks?”, Pat Boyle contrasts Kane’s on-ice work this offseason against Toews’. That includes Boyle ripping Toews multiple times for not committing to playing in the CPHL this summer, while Kane and others are. Additionally Boyle says, “It feels like he’s (Toews) on an island right now.”

Boyle also mentions Kane doing a lot, Toews doing little, to make an effort to incorporate the young players into the team.

Charlie Roumeliotis is also on the podcast and says Kane is always the last one off the ice during morning skates, while Toews is usually the first.

Hum, very interesting.  Two years ago who would have thought Kane would be the one praised so highly instead of Toews.

The problem of Toews suddenly being average is the biggest hurdle to a Cup right now, whatever is going on, it's a problem.