2017-2018 NHL discussion thread

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2017 -> 09:34 PM)
I’m getting VGK season tix next year.

I’m sold.

You front runner! :P

It is such a great story, they put together a young ,hungry roster full of 2nd and 3rd liners from every team. It will be interesting to see how they react in crunch time when the good teams take them more seriously every game.

Enjoy the tickets, hockey is the best sport of the major four to be a spectator at, taking all seats into account.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2018 -> 11:51 AM)
Mark Lazerus‏Verified account @MarkLazerus 19m19 minutes ago Brent Seabrook is indeed a healthy scratch tonight. He said Q didn't offer specifics why. "I've just got to be better," he told me.

18 replies 56 retweets 74 likes

Poor guy is gonna be a whipping boy for the fans over the next several years. It's not his fault Bowman offered him the long, soon to be very bad contract.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jan 11, 2018 -> 01:02 PM)
Right, but for how many years does he carry that designation? Do the Hawks control him for only 2 more years, or could it be 4 more years? I don't know all the nuances of RFA.

I have no idea either, but looking it up it looks like players can't be unrestricted until age 27 or 7 years in the league, so he has 3 or 4 more seasons until then. While the Hawks would have control, they still would have to fit his salary under the cap, so no guarantees that he stays if he does well. At this point in his career, his salary isn't as limited like they do in baseball.