2017-2018 NHL discussion thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Feb 18, 2018 -> 10:35 AM)
I hear it’s a substance abuse issue and it’s been going on for quite some time now

If that's true then how does it explain his current status with the team? He's around, he can participate in practice but not 100% and can't play in a game. I feel like that theory made more sense when he wasn't around.

Either way, it's so weird. It goes from he might be back soon to maybe it's possible to be career threatening.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Feb 18, 2018 -> 01:30 PM)
A few side effects of long term cocaine abuse: severe/unrelenting headaches, vertigo, extreme fatigue, and weight loss.

They’re also signs of post concussion syndrome. Justin Moreau’s baseball career took a nosedive because of the issue.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 18, 2018 -> 01:00 PM)
If that's true then how does it explain his current status with the team? He's around, he can participate in practice but not 100% and can't play in a game. I feel like that theory made more sense when he wasn't around.

Either way, it's so weird. It goes from he might be back soon to maybe it's possible to be career threatening.

He was smoking crack, then it was heroin, then opioids, now just chronic cocaine abuse. He had the shortest rehab of all time with no league repercussions if any of it is true.

You can poke fun if you want. I know you’re not dumb enough to think that every pro athlete gets suspended when they have drugs in their system. 75% of the NFL smokes weed; do 75% get suspended? I think it’s also well known how often coke is used in pro hockey. Also, good jab with the post listing a few illegal drugs. Who brought up opiods or heroin? Bet you feel badass after that write up.

My source is a sports personality in Chicago. He could be wrong, but he’s usually right. If it’s a concussion, then Toews probably wouldn’t have said this: “Crow knows he’s trying to get better. He’s one of those guys that we know we can rely upon as a person, as a teammate. He’ll do what he can to get himself better.”

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Feb 18, 2018 -> 04:50 PM)
You can poke fun if you want. I know you’re not dumb enough to think that every pro athlete gets suspended when they have drugs in their system. 75% of the NFL smokes weed; do 75% get suspended? I think it’s also well known how often coke is used in pro hockey. Also, good jab with the post listing a few illegal drugs. Who brought up opiods or heroin? Bet you feel badass after that write up.

My source is a sports personality in Chicago. He could be wrong, but he’s usually right. If it’s a concussion, then Toews probably wouldn’t have said this: “Crow knows he’s trying to get better. He’s one of those guys that we know we can rely upon as a person, as a teammate. He’ll do what he can to get himself better.”

Might want to go back in the thread. All of the drugs I mentioned were listed. Badass style. Edit. I forgot meth.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 18, 2018 -> 07:20 PM)
Debate all you want. I’m not going to comment on what seem like baseless allegations at this point, but guess how this can all end? The Blackhawks being honest about this injury. They’ve had two months. It’s 100% unnacceptable.

The same Hawks who parade Kane (speaking of coke use) around town as a changed man, brought Sharp back, and continue to honor Hull? That is highly doubtful, Tony, and even if they did, the married father would probably be presented as an A+ citizen like the rest of these doofuses. This organization is incredibly difficult to cheer for

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/blackha...rawford-update/

Corey Crawford might be done for season

For the first time since Corey Crawford was put on the injured reserve with a head injury in December, Quenneville wasn't "hopeful" that the veteran goalkeeper will play again this season.

"Going to say right now we'll see on that one," Quenneville said Wednesday. "Before we were. Where we're at, his health's going to dictate all that."

When asked if it's because of where the Hawks are at in the standings, Quenneville said: "That might be part of it. But once he gets healthy that'll be the next decision."

Crawford has participated in off-ice workouts, but he hasn't been on the ice since the Hawks were in Arizona last week.