2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 17, 2018 -> 07:01 PM)
Hypothetical: bulls are picking 6th. Possible Bamba territory or MPJ falling.

The sixers call and offer Fultz, who hasnt played all year due to a made up injury.

Do you take it?

This is a real good one. I'm not about to dismiss Fultz as a bust. Unfortunate beginning to his career. But I think he's going to be just fine. That said. I'm gay for Bamba.

They gave them a run. Think GS put it on cruise control a bit there. Kris Dunn falling on his face and breaking his teeth didn't help matters though. Bulls bench was definitely better than theirs but their starters are just too much. Great game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 03:25 PM)
Vincent Goodwill‏Verified account @vgoodwill 11m11 minutes ago After a second round of tests, Kris Dunn has been diagnosed with a concussion, according to sources. As of now he won't be traveling with the team and will be evaluated at a later date

Keep Dunn out a week or two. Trade Niko, Lopez, Grant, & Holiday for picks/expiring assets. Give Payne 40 minutes a game. Snag a top six pick in the draft.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jan 17, 2018 -> 12:23 PM)
You aren't a little bit excited for Dunn, Markannen and Levine? You're not a little optimistic that Fred's offense is actually pretty fun to watch when he has guys that can run it?

Nope. This band of ballers is destined for NBA hell.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 19, 2018 -> 12:07 PM)
Nope. This band of ballers is destined for NBA hell.

Every team is in NBA hell unless you luck into the Hall of Fame caliber player in the draft. Welcome to the NBA since...forever.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jan 19, 2018 -> 01:00 PM)
Every team is in NBA hell unless you luck into the Hall of Fame caliber player in the draft. Welcome to the NBA since...forever.

And the team’s one job was to suck enough this year to have a chance at that. Instead, they’re pointlessly winning games behind the “great” Hoiberg. Can’t even tank right.

This is an awesome article detailing the difference between the warriors and rockets offenses:

https://theathletic.com/213642/2018/01/19/t...listic-matchup/

The TL:DR, the warriors are not actually in a system that prefers the 3, it just does so because it has prolific 3 point shooters. They shoot a lot of midrange, and when steph goes off the court their 3 pt shots drop.

The rockets actively want 3s and remove all midrange shots.

The rockets stuff I think is fairly well known, but the detailing of the warriors system was pretty interesting.