2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

Ayton- goes to HS in Arizona, goes to UA and now Phoenix wins the lottery

Rose- born & bred in Chicago, Bulls win the lottery

Lebron- born & bred in Ohio, Cavs win the lottery

Sometimes I wonder if this stuff is rigged

I don't really keep up with college ball or prospects so can someone tell me if Bridges really would be an underwhelming pick as everyone (Twitter,etc) are making it seem like?

Edited by TheTruth05

34 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Ayton- goes to HS in Arizona, goes to UA and now Phoenix wins the lottery

Rose- born & bred in Chicago, Bulls win the lottery

Lebron- born & bred in Ohio, Cavs win the lottery

Sometimes I wonder if this stuff is rigged

I think it’s rigged but I will be surprised if the Suns don’t take Doncic

44 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I don't really keep up with college ball or prospects so can someone tell me if Bridges really would be an underwhelming pick as everyone (Twitter,etc) are making it seem like?

It’s mainly that every year these upper class men prospects come in, all of the old school people talk about how they are winners and show up, and neglect that they are less athletic and more productive largely due to age.

think of Denzel valentine and how in the nba he can’t drive or elevate past anyone so he’s developed this terrible floater habit every drive.

bridges will be a longtime nba player. He’s fine. But to have the year they just had, it’s a tough pill to swallow.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

It’s mainly that every year these upper class men prospects come in, all of the old school people talk about how they are winners and show up, and neglect that they are less athletic and more productive largely due to age.

think of Denzel valentine and how in the nba he can’t drive or elevate past anyone so he’s developed this terrible floater habit every drive.

bridges will be a longtime nba player. He’s fine. But to have the year they just had, it’s a tough pill to swallow.

Understood,thanks for the context. Came down to a coin flip too,unreal.

Are we talking Miles or Mikal Bridges?  Because both of those guys are looking like #6-12 picks.

Have seen the likes of Jaren Jackson, Bamba, Porter Jr, Carter in that space...Bagley Jr. as low as 4th. 

Will be interesting to see what happens when/if Trae Young ends up with that Cavaliers team.

5 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I think it’s rigged but I will be surprised if the Suns don’t take Doncic

I'm still sick to my stomach over this 6-7 crap....geezus.

that being said...there's no way in hell the Suns aren't taking Ayton.

I think that the only guys guaranteed to be gone by the Bulls pick are Ayton, Bagley and Doncic.

Any other player could fall to 7. That being said, Im not a huge Mikal Bridges fan and think that there are other guys who will be at 7 who are better. I feel like Jaren Jackson will also be gone, so possible the Bulls will be picking from whoever is left of Bamba, Young and Porter. 

Thankfully they only moved down 1 spot.

Edited by Soxbadger