2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

40 minutes ago, knightni said:

Rumors that the Bulls and Hawks are talking about the #3 spot.

What do the Bulls have that the Hawks would want? In terms of a rebuilding franchise.  You'd have to be giving up something pretty good to go all the way up to 3 (I would think).  

33 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

What do the Bulls have that the Hawks would want? In terms of a rebuilding franchise.  You'd have to be giving up something pretty good to go all the way up to 3 (I would think).  

Gotta be at least either #7 and #22, or #7 and the Bulls #1 next year.

35 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

After the top 2, there is a lot of ambiguity about the next pick. Ive been wondering how far the Bulls could trade up if they gave up both first rounders. That seems a little soft for 3, but maybe the Hawks would want someone like LaVine?

(Edit)

Bulls next year pick is way to valuable given that the guy at 3 is no guarantee to be better than the guy at 7. Most have the potential guys from 3-7 having similar draft grades. And theres no way I see the top 2 falling.

Edited by Soxbadger

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

After the top 2, there is a lot of ambiguity about the next pick. Ive been wondering how far the Bulls could trade up if they gave up both first rounders. That seems a little soft for 3, but maybe the Hawks would want someone like LaVine?

I don't follow the NBA, but from what I've heard, the top 2 is definitely Doncic and Ayton in some order. As a college basketball fan, however, I think whoever has the #3 pick would be making a huge mistake not taking Bagley. To me, there shouldn't be any ambiguity.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I don't follow the NBA, but from what I've heard, the top 2 is definitely Doncic and Ayton in some order. As a college basketball fan, however, I think whoever has the #3 pick would be making a huge mistake not taking Bagley. To me, there shouldn't be any ambiguity.

I like Bagley myself, but a lot of people just arent in love with him. Basically if the rumor is true, it means that the Hawks arent in love with anyone at 3, and are perfectly happy sitting at 7 seeing who falls.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Well that would fuck us really badly.  Right now there is a sliver of hope for MPJ, I seriously doubt that’s a possibility without Doncic in the draft.

Doncic would be in the draft, just no promise hed play next year. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Well that would fuck us really badly.  Right now there is a sliver of hope for MPJ, I seriously doubt that’s a possibility without Doncic in the draft.

Eh, he's just pulling leverage to go to a team he wants. Say we did trade up to 3, it could help us a lot. If PHX went Ayton and doncic heavily implied he would not go to SAC, he could go to the bulls.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I saw some highlights of this guy. Obviously not as athletic as most of the top guys, but he knows what he is doing on a basketball court. 

1 hour ago, Soxbadger said:

(Edit)

Bulls next year pick is way to valuable given that the guy at 3 is no guarantee to be better than the guy at 7. Most have the potential guys from 3-7 having similar draft grades. And theres no way I see the top 2 falling.

I agree - Many situations where the Bulls pick next year could get pretty high.  I presume Hawks would like Lavine but he's an RFA so you could go after him that way as well.  

Just now, knightni said:

Thanks, that's interesting. Though notable that Chicago in this tweet is likely just referring to scuttle from the combine occuring in Chicago right now. 7 may be a bit steep.

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I agree - Many situations where the Bulls pick next year could get pretty high.  I presume Hawks would like Lavine but he's an RFA so you could go after him that way as well.  

Yeah Im just bored and throwing out ideas. But there could be some value in a sign/trade with LaVine (if that is even possible) plus our 2 first rounders.

Im not really sure that is a great deal for the Bulls unless they think the guy at #3 is significantly better than who is possibly at 7.

Right now I think the Bulls should be going for BPA at 7, then hopefully get a guy like Mitchell Robinson at 22.

This random site has what could be an ideal draft for the Bulls:

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/2018-nba-mock-draft-projections-first-round-top-players-2018-nba-draft-order-may-17

Porter at 7, Robinson at 22. 

I know the Bulls have implied otherwise, but I think they quietly will test the waters with Lebron / Kwahi.  I don't see how you can't at least check. The team is probably still away and the reality is we are headed for another very high pick (presuming all we do is draft someone @ 7 and 22).  

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think it depends on who drafts him. Maybe he doesn't want to go to Sacramento. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Eh, he's just pulling leverage to go to a team he wants. Say we did trade up to 3, it could help us a lot. If PHX went Ayton and doncic heavily implied he would not go to SAC, he could go to the bulls.

🤔  That would be pretty awesome, but has too many moving pieces IMO.  What are we giving up to move up to #3?  The #22 pick is not nearly enough.  Would the #7 and like Portis be enough?  I’m not even sure we would do that unless Doncic would be there, which seems like a long-shot.  Like the creative thinking though.

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

🤔  That would be pretty awesome, but has too many moving pieces IMO.  What are we giving up to move up to #3?  The #22 pick is not nearly enough.  Would the #7 and like Portis be enough?  I’m not even sure we would do that unless Doncic would be there, which seems like a long-shot.  Like the creative thinking though.

I'm giving up Lavine pretty easily in a trade but obvi requires some contract work. 

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If Lavine +#7 gets me into the top 3, I will drive him to ORD.

Oh I think it's something Lavine + 7 + 22 + future lottery protected first or something. And TBH I do this if I get the guy I want anyway so it's not happening prior to the draft.