2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

27 minutes ago, Boogua said:

If Lebron loses to this Celtics team without their two best players it will be his biggest failure since the mavericks series. Will be below Kobe again all time rankings.

Did Skip Bayless say that today?  The fact that LeBron has taken this roster to game 6 of the ECF is one of his biggest success stories yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boogua said:

If Lebron loses to this Celtics team without their two best players it will be his biggest failure since the mavericks series. Will be below Kobe again all time rankings.

That's just flat wrong.

Lebron + NO supporting cast

Celtics - 2 of their superstars still have one of the deepest rosters in the league. Maybe you are unaware who Rozier / Jaylen Brown / Tatum is? Play fantasy basketball, you'll understand.

It's a bit too complex for plebs to understand, but I am an avid fantasy basketball fan as it is the easiest sport to win fantasy leagues in because basketball fans are amongst the most basic people. It's easy money. 

Can't imagine the NBA is nearly as excited about a Rockets/Celtics match-up...but it might be better for the sport in the long run, especially if Boston could win without Hayward and Irving.

Of course, it's hard to imagine GS or Houston not wiping out Boston fairly easily...unless Brad Stevens really does walk on water.

4 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Man that is so basic. Its pleb. Are you not keeping up with the Twitch insults that are found on whatever the flavor of the month first person shooter is?

Most people over 40 or 45 don't even know what Twitch is...maybe the sequel to Hitch with Will Smith and Kevin James reprising their roles?

Actually, I do remember meeting an "internet model/VJ" in Manila a couple of years ago who went on and on about how much money she made from her Twitch channel.  Her name is Ann B. Mateo.

18 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

It's a bit too complex for plebs to understand, but I am an avid fantasy basketball fan as it is the easiest sport to win fantasy leagues in because basketball fans are amongst the most basic people. It's easy money. 

Huh?? So good fantasy basketball players will win championships IRL? You lost me right there.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Huh?? So good fantasy basketball players will win championships IRL? You lost me right there.

Unfortunately, your reading comprehension has failed you. I merely mentioned that the celtics have a deep roster and provided a few names that are relevant from my playing time in fantasy basketball this season. Good fantasy basketball players can be helpful to winning championships. 

44 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Unfortunately, your reading comprehension has failed you. I merely mentioned that the celtics have a deep roster and provided a few names that are relevant from my playing time in fantasy basketball this season. Good fantasy basketball players can be helpful to winning championships. 

Unfortunately you reasoning have failed you over and over again on this forum. You cited Celtics have a deep roster and implied it's because Rozier, Brown and Tatum are good in fantasy basketball. I am sure most posters here knew who those guys were by actually watching the playoffs, so if you reasoning is based on fantasy basketball then your opinion don't matter here.

The bold part is just classic. I guess Giannis, AD, and Russ are winning championships this year, and the Spurs dynasty were full of elite fantasy players, oh wait...

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong with my statement. Good fantasy basketball players can be helpful to winning championships. Did you take logic 101 or Introduction to Mathematic Proofs in college? If not, you should consider it, it might help your life. 

7 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

There's nothing wrong with my statement. Good fantasy basketball players can be helpful to winning championships. Did you take logic 101 or Introduction to Mathematic Proofs in college? If not, you should consider it, it might help your life. 

While your statement isn't false, it's also far from the truth. Good basketball players, team chemistry, and coaching wins championships. Having a team of good fantasy players is hardly a criteria. But then again, for the "simple-minded folks" whose only understanding of the league is through fantasy, I don't expect them to get it.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

12 minutes ago, RockRaines said:

Lebron is literally doing this by himself. It’s crazy how good he is. 

As he should. If he somehow lost to this team he would have lost to the worst team to make the finals in my lifetime. Thankfully he should be able to hold these fantasy all stars off.

Edited by Boogua

9 minutes ago, Boogua said:

As he should. If he somehow lost to this team he would have lost to the worst team to make the finals in my lifetime. Thankfully he should be able to hold these fantasy all stars off.

His team isn’t much better. But he’s incredible.