2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

Just now, RockRaines said:

Lebron could have had 25 assists. He’s amazing. Much tougher test from the West though

I'd be shocked if it went more than 5. Lebron vs whoever is always a fun finals though.

25 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Scary to think what Boston is going to be when their two best players come back next season. (although Tatum will surpass Heyward soon, if he hasn't already) They will own the East for a long time. 

Just imagine the 76ers had selected Tatum instead of Fultz...they might be the favorites instead, especially if they could add one more big-time FA to their current mix.

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

Cavs beat Houston, lose to GS. Just my gut 

You really think Paul's going to be able to play at even 75%?  Just really hard to imagine (especially after CLE winning) that it's possible for G.S. to not be their opponent.

From a fan perspective, CLE vs. Houston at least opens up the possibility that the Cavaliers could actually win...though.

5 minutes ago, Brian said:

Cavs beat Houston, lose to GS. Just my gut 

You should hope that Houston wins tomorrow to throw some on the cavs in the finals. Cavs are going to be very, very large underdogs against them.

I know it's only one game, but the last time those two teams played it looked like the Globetrotters vs the Generals.

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Terry Rozier 0-10 3PA and almost all of those shots were bad. Probably cost his team the win. 

Fantasy basketball. Try it. That guy was really good when he started this year........................

13 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Terry Rozier 0-10 3PA and almost all of those shots were bad. Probably cost his team the win. 

He was ice cold. I didn’t think Lebron was going to let Cle lose though. No matter who was hitting from Boston

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

When you touch the ball on 99.9% of possessions, you turn the ball over a few times.

Oh for sure. Still kind of crazy that he had more turnovers than the Cetics had made 3s. And they had 38 attempts. Just an impressively bad display of shooting.

4 minutes ago, Boogua said:

Oh for sure. Still kind of crazy that he had more turnovers than the Cetics had made 3s. And they had 38 attempts. Just an impressively bad display of shooting.

They got real tight and showed it. Good team on the rise but still one of the worst conference finals teams in awhile 

I am impressed by the numbers Lebron put up in the playoffs, but I don't buy that taking this team to the Finals is the greatest feat of all time.

The East is probably the weakest conference in recent memory. I can't remember a time where there's such a disparity of talent between East and West, not in the last 20 years. The conference was already significantly weaker than the West in the past 5-10 years lost Butler and George. Celtics sign Hayward but he was hurt all year, and Kyrie was done before the playoffs even started. If you squint your eyes, you could maybe see 3 top 10 players in this conference in Lebron, Giannis, and maybe Embiid. In the first round an upstart Pacers team lead by a single player who has been a written off before this year to a hard fought game 7. Lebron then faced a Raptors team that's been virtually the same team the past 4 years, led by 2 all stars and a bunch of role players and simply choked. In ECF this young Celtics team who no one gave them a chance to even get pass the first round after Kyrie got hurt also took them to a hard fought game 7 and Cavs pulled out simply because they're a lot more playoff experience than this young team.

Was Lebron amazing in the playoffs? Absolutely. But the competition he faced to get to the Finals is extremely underwhelming.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

If you guys ever get a chance watch Lebron rebound. I found it interesting that he only averages 1.2 offensive rebounds per game for his career with how much he's around the basket, so I decided to watch more closely.

Last night for example he had 15 rebounds. All defensive. I didn't count one that was contested, unless the person contesting it was lebrons teammate. He also failed to box out 3 times on defensive rebounds and gave up two offensive rebounds to Baynes and one to smart I believe.

He's so big and athletic I thought he'd be better there, but he might just be a bit older now.

34 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I called the Cleveland /GS final before the season started. I also have GS winning it all. 

I am clearly not a pleb.

BUT HOW IS YOUR FANTASY BASKETBALL TEAM DOING