2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

Seriously...you are rebuilding...at the minimum, if you didn't want a player on the roster this year (cause you wanted to play the 18 pg's we have)...at least just take a flyer on a Euro player. Not doing anything and getting cash (for a very rich organization) is a complete and utter embarassment. Are GAR/PAX going to max someone this year and then try for 2 more max guys next year or something?

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 08:32 PM)
Warriors bought the pick for $3.5 million

Shouldn't surprise anyone...he fits their mold exactly.

God forbid we try to emulate someone who knows what the f*** they are doing.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 10:33 PM)
Seriously...you are rebuilding...at the minimum, if you didn't want a player on the roster this year (cause you wanted to play the 18 pg's we have)...at least just take a flyer on a Euro player. Not doing anything and getting cash (for a very rich organization) is a complete and utter embarassment. Are GAR/PAX going to max someone this year and then try for 2 more max guys next year or something?
At this point I wouldn't be surprised.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 08:32 PM)
Warriors bought the pick for $3.5 million

That is a lot of money...but still...what do I care. None of that helps the rebuild. Unless of course we are going to buy 3 2nd round picks with that 3.5M...in which case I'm okay.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 10:35 PM)
That is a lot of money...but still...what do I care. None of that helps the rebuild. Unless of course we are going to buy 3 2nd round picks with that 3.5M...in which case I'm okay.

Orlando just traded draft rights for two future picks. That's a rebuild trade. Albeit, it's two 2020 picks.

QUOTE (almagest @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 08:34 PM)
At this point I wouldn't be surprised.

Chris Paul...come on down....be our 17th point guard and then the rest of the bananaboat crew can get max deals next year (except LBJ will bail at the last minute...but don't worry...we can still max out Wade / Paul / Melo then). Might even be better then Drose's Knicks "superteam".

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 08:38 PM)
When a franchise like the Warriors want to pay you 3.5 million for a 2nd round pick....maybe he's a keeper?

Exactly. That should have been your first sign.

They probably wouldn't tell us until after we agreed and we were probably too stupid to figure it out.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 10:33 PM)

I find it absolutely fascinating that you are more angry about the 2nd round pick than giving up the 16th.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 08:42 PM)
I find it absolutely fascinating that you are more angry about the 2nd round pick than giving up the 16th.

I didn't like giving up #16...but that was part of an actual trade. This is just for cash...not extra money in the cap or to help you ensure you have "max" space...just cash. 2nd rounder will likely not emerge..but we are clearly rebuilding so keep the pick. I didn't want to give up #16...but at least then it was part of an actual deal.

We all know my preference was to build around Jimmy because I think everyone on the tank bandwagon is delusional and unrealistic on how to build a contender, especially given the type of offers out there for Jimmy. That said, the Wolves offer (even giving up the 16th pick)...was far better then the supposed Boston offer.