2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

I think this is one of the biggest surprises we've seen in the NBA for a while, and could certainly be the biggest breakup since Shaq and Kobe if Kyrie no longer wants to play with Lebron. Looks like Cleveland is pretty much done after next year.

Damn, butler + Kyrie + a signee and we'd be going somewhere!!!

Yes, the report is that Kyrie told CLE that he wants to be traded. That's some crayyyyzy shiat homie!.

I wonder where a good destination is...

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
Welp...I truly do think the Bulls made the wrong move. Kyrie wants out of Cleveland...would have been a great piece to put alongside Jimmy. Hopefully they hit the lottery on the draft, etc, otherwise we are going to look at a long run of sucking. Jimmy made it clear on so many occassions how committed he was to Chicago and to bringing other stars to Chicago. It would have happened.

OMG not you too. I've been fending off people on twitter talking about this. The Bulls didn't have the assets to acquire anyone let alone Kyrie Irving with Jimmy Butler on the team. What were they going to trade? #16, future 1st, Rondo, Portis? Why the hell would the Cavs trade Irving to a divisional rival for s*** just because? None of this makes any sense

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)
Have some fun: Where is Irving going and for what!

He'll be In Cleveland. He's under contract. He mentioned Minnesota, San Antonio, Miami and the Knicks. He needed to do this a month ago if he was serious. He's probably stuck now.

So, if I'm Dan Gilbert, I'm seriously considering the option of trading all of the big 3. Or maybe you keep Love, and trade Lebron and Kyrie for an insane package of 1st round picks over the next 2-3 seasons. Lebron is the only one of the three that has a no trade clause, but surely if you deal the other two, and his choice is a trade or a lost year in Cleveland, he's going to OK it (within reason I suppose).

Kyrie supposedly said he wanted to go to the Knicks, Heat, Spurs and Timberwolves. He and Jimmy are tight. If you're Thibs, could you package basically anyone and everyone other than Jimmy and KAT for Kyrie? Throw in some picks? That wold be a pretty fun team in another season or two...

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 04:31 PM)
So, if I'm Dan Gilbert, I'm seriously considering the option of trading all of the big 3. Or maybe you keep Love, and trade Lebron and Kyrie for an insane package of 1st round picks over the next 2-3 seasons. Lebron is the only one of the three that has a no trade clause, but surely if you deal the other two, and his choice is a trade or a lost year in Cleveland, he's going to OK it (within reason I suppose).

Kyrie supposedly said he wanted to go to the Knicks, Heat, Spurs and Timberwolves. He and Jimmy are tight. If you're Thibs, could you package basically anyone and everyone other than Jimmy and KAT for Kyrie? Throw in some picks? That wold be a pretty fun team in another season or two...

They can't anymore. They just signed Jeff Teague to big $$ and he can't be traded until December. Irving should have done this sooner.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 02:29 PM)
OMG not you too. I've been fending off people on twitter talking about this. The Bulls didn't have the assets to acquire anyone let alone Kyrie Irving with Jimmy Butler on the team. What were they going to trade? #16, future 1st, Rondo, Portis? Why the hell would the Cavs trade Irving to a divisional rival for s*** just because? None of this makes any sense

Remember...I was never on the tank bandwagon so my response shouldn't be a shock. My view is in the NBA, stars can force below market trades. If Kyrie wanted to come to Chicago...it could have gotten done.

Just saw what I think is an excellent 3-way trade.

Cleveland gets: Carmelo + Eric Bledsoe

NYK gets: Kyle Irving

Phoenix gets: Whatever assests/salary/draft picks etc. etc.

I think that's a deal that works out well.

Irving + Porz in NY would definitely be a start to.. something!

Phoenix trading Bledsoe for some good assets would be smart as well.

Cleveland getting Melo and Bledsoe allows them to compete at a very high level.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2017 -> 07:22 PM)
Remember...I was never on the tank bandwagon so my response shouldn't be a shock. My view is in the NBA, stars can force below market trades. If Kyrie wanted to come to Chicago...it could have gotten done.

I think that's fantasy land.

Yeah, I'm just being salty. This is 2010 Steve's worst f***ing nightmare result of the man's career. He was a 17 PER player last year with a .530 TS%. Despite all the distraction he brings, he's a damn-good value if he stays healthy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 06:44 AM)
Yeah, I'm just being salty. This is 2010 Steve's worst f***ing nightmare result of the man's career. He was a 17 PER player last year with a .530 TS%. Despite all the distraction he brings, he's a damn-good value if he stays healthy.

Even if he plays part of a season, $2 million is pretty much minimum wage. I just can't believe no one would sign him to a real contract.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 08:19 AM)
Even if he plays part of a season, $2 million is pretty much minimum wage. I just can't believe no one would sign him to a real contract.

From what I read, he took less for a chance to win a title. Granted I just skimmed an article or two.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 09:01 PM)
He is making less than Felicio, I mean come on.

I think he may make less than MCW now. I mean go on YouTube to search for MCW in 2016 and watch what garbage $2M will bring you these days.