2017-18 official NBA discussion thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 01:31 PM)
I feel like these types of rumors of mass player movement end up all being complete duds. But maybe the Warriors have broken the NBA so badly that teams are all just like screw it, lets rebuild for 5 years from now and let the Cavs, Spurs and Warriors fight this out in the meantime.

The NBA has by far the largest amount of BS information when it comes to player movement as compared to any of the other professional leagues.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 01:46 PM)
The NBA has by far the largest amount of BS information when it comes to player movement as compared to any of the other professional leagues.

I think NBA players have more power and say than in the other leagues, so way more gets leaked out there, no matter it being true or false.

That may be true but I also equally don't believe for a second the Bulls and celtics didn't exchange offers last year. That's just an excuse to avoid letting it be known they were trying to get rid of a player on the team.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 02:46 PM)
Aside from an absolutely crazy situation where top FA's actually come to Chicago (There is NOTHING to believe that will happen), what realistic scenario is there where the Bulls get close to a championship with Jimmy Butler on the roster? For the life of me I just don't see it.

Pickup Dwight Howard & Jason Terry. Make a run at the Warriors

Aside from an absolutely crazy situation where top FA's actually come to Chicago (There is NOTHING to believe that will happen), what realistic scenario is there where the Bulls get close to a championship with Jimmy Butler on the roster? For the life of me I just don't see it.

Cameron Payne suddenly becomes Steph Curry.

It would require this years pick turning into a superstar.

So maybe inventing new knee procedure to fix Harry Giles.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 03:09 PM)
The Knicks asked the Suns for Devin Booker and the 4th overall pick for Kristaps Porzingis.

It's time for someone to take Phil out behind the shed already.

He is probably even worse than GarPax on that front. He needs to go.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 03:09 PM)
:)

Those were the answers I was expecting. So with that in mind....not sure how you can be against trading Jimmy. This front office may be completely inept, and it's a very fair argument, but it's more insulting for them to put together a .500 team every season just to collect a check from 2 Playoff games.

The Bulls should be motivated to trade Butler just by making Wade either turn down his $24 million option or looking like a total phony just playing for the money if he came back. Call his lazy ass bluff. The thing is, they are going to have to get can't watch bad for a few years to have any chance and that chance is even smaller if GarPax is still in place. I know Pax has some fans, but even he has a track record of nothing. If they didn't luck out and win the Rose lottery, they would have been awful for years. He has fought with coaches, fell in love with players he shouldn't have fallen in love with, and has failed. Gar was a huge part of that, and Pax enabled Gar, another pox on his record.

They should have been launched long ago, but if they trade Butler, which I will believe when I see, and Wade flees. That's great. Just fire them the day after the draft. GarPax is a huge problem. They both need to go. The best you can do for Taj Gibson is Cam Payne? I was watching something that claimed John Calapari convinced Gar to draft Teague. Nice pick. Point guards who can't shoot, can't pass, and have a tough time if they get to the rim.

GarPax hasn't yet received the memo that the game is played a lot differently these days.

Edited by Dick Allen

The Bulls think as long as they have Jimmy and Wade they can just wait it out for another superstar to fall in their lap along the way somehow. How the hell they think that is even a remote possibility I don't know but I guarantee they believe they are only one major piece away.

Can they add FA's a couple years from now to Jimmy? Possibly but not likely considering their history. They believe this is an option too.

Its not like we cant think of paths that THEY may be dumb enough to believe in because there are unlikely scenarios that they can hang their hopes on.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 12:09 PM)
Pelicans ain't trading Anthony Davis, dude.

So if you were offered a package of the #3 pick, the Lakers pick next year, the Nets pick, multiple other 1st rounders plus say a Jaylen Brow, you wouldn't think about it? What if Davis gave the Pelicans a bit of a nudge. I think Boston absolutely has the ability to do something.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 03:33 PM)
So if you were offered a package of the #3 pick, the Lakers pick next year, the Nets pick, multiple other 1st rounders plus say a Jaylen Brow, you wouldn't think about it? What if Davis gave the Pelicans a bit of a nudge. I think Boston absolutely has the ability to do something.

"multiple other 1st rounders" are worthless if they're the Celts own picks. The lakers/kings pick is a gamble. That's not enough.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 03:40 PM)
CSN Chicago‏Verified account @CSNChicago 33s34 seconds ago

More

.@vgoodwill reports the Bulls are actively shopping Jimmy Butler: "It's either Boston or Cleveland but he's going" - http://bit.ly/2snIxXP

Vincent was on with Bernstein and Goff and thinks Butler is definitely getting moved. Says there's too much smoke this time and multiple sources and people he talks to are saying they are dealing him. They don't want him with Hoiberg and they don't want to pay him $240 million