Game Day from Toronto June 17th at 12:07 PM CDT

elrockinMT

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 08:46 PM)
That they are. But ... it's totally old school baseball and the Sox are as Sabes as any team right now. Don't understand why Hahn lets him call for bunts.

Maybe because the basics need to be brought back?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 08:47 PM)
Maybe because the basics need to be brought back?

I didn't think the basics mattered anymore. Bunting is a modern day no no. Even not so modern. Earl Weaver didn't like the bunt ahead of his time.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 07:46 PM)
I was mostly joking, but he has looked pretty good the last few outings, at least the first two times through the order.

My bad, daggins. I thought it was another post wanting a guy traded immediately, even a guy with no value. Apologies.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 08:47 PM)
Big inning for Robertson. Can he mow down a good team for the save and prove to baseball he's a lock down reliable closer? If he gets the save today no excuse for not trading him this week. Mid June significant outing on the road against good hitters.

The way I look at is that Quintana and Robertson will probably get traded but if you have to wait until the off season for the best deal there us no need to rush

Edited by elrockinMT

The Sox have the 14th best RD in MLB. That only accelerates the rebuild. Guys that you'd like to produce either for trade or long term value -- they are. Davidson probably isn't a MLB regular but he could certainly be a guy you have 200-300 PA a year to while backing up 1B/LF/3B/DH, mostly against LHP. If he can hit .250 in MLB despite his K rate. He's a keeper. The power is there. It appears the Sox have good organizational depth in the IF now. Really good actually, especially for the Sox.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 05:44 PM)
The Sox have the 14th best RD in MLB. That only accelerates the rebuild. Guys that you'd like to produce either for trade or long term value -- they are. Davidson probably isn't a MLB regular but he could certainly be a guy you have 200-300 PA a year to while backing up 1B/LF/3B/DH, mostly against LHP. If he can hit .250 in MLB despite his K rate. He's a keeper. The power is there. It appears the Sox have good organizational depth in the IF now. Really good actually, especially for the Sox.

12 of his HR's are against righties and he's hitting .250 against them with a .573 SLG and .860 OPS . I'd say that's good enough to be a regular.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 03:50 AM)
12 of his HR's are against righties and he's hitting .250 against them with a .573 SLG and .860 OPS . I'd say that's good enough to be a regular.

15 home runs in 179 at bats. Not bad for Davidson. Pretty impressive.