6/17 Games

bmags

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 10:32 PM)
I feel like we are past it by now.

I believe we are past it. I knew another year of control were mid to late May for Giolito, Moncada and Lopez.

I think Super 2 was the beginning of June.

No one has really earned a promotion out of Charlotte. If these guys were lighting the world on fire you'd figure they'd get the call by now. At this point I'm starting to think if keeping these guys down until next May might not be bad idea. I'd be OK throwing a guy like Cooper out there before starting the service clocks on some of the higher profile arms.

QUOTE (mac9001 @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 09:37 AM)
No one has really earned a promotion out of Charlotte. If these guys were lighting the world on fire you'd figure they'd get the call by now. At this point I'm starting to think if keeping these guys down until next May might not be bad idea. I'd be OK throwing a guy like Cooper out there before starting the service clocks on some of the higher profile arms.

Lopez has been good since a rough start, I think he deserves a call-up as soon a long-term spot opens. Moncada could use a little more development time, but I can't envision any scnenario where we keep him down in AAA until May of next year. And once Frazier & Melky are gone, I'd definitely like to see Delmonico in the major league mix.

Guys I could see keeping down in Charlotte until next year Giolito & Fulmer. And Burdi is another guy I'm ok taking it slow with. His control has been pretty bad and I see no reason to rush him at this point.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 08:53 AM)
That is disaster if true.

Well, it all depends on whether he was trying to go all out and that's the best he could summon...obviously, 95-97 and even touching 98 a couple of times (but straight as an arrow) was what we came to expect last year, although there were a number of games where Sale or Rodon would let up off the gas and go 90-94 for nearly the entire time, sacrificing velocity for location.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 07:44 PM)
What is the magic date when the Super 2 is not a consideration?

It is about this time of year for guys who had no major league experience. You would need to tack on additional days for any guys who were September call ups.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 18, 2017 -> 08:51 AM)
Lopez has been good since a rough start, I think he deserves a call-up as soon a long-term spot opens. Moncada could use a little more development time, but I can't envision any scnenario where we keep him down in AAA until May of next year. And once Frazier & Melky are gone, I'd definitely like to see Delmonico in the major league mix.

Guys I could see keeping down in Charlotte until next year Giolito & Fulmer. And Burdi is another guy I'm ok taking it slow with. His control has been pretty bad and I see no reason to rush him at this point.

At this point I wouldn't say Lopez has earned a promotion. He might get the call, but that will likely be to fill an open rotation spot more than him earning the spot and forcing the Sox to open a spot for him.