Quintana

ScootsMcGoots

I really don't think Q ever lost value. He probably made SOME people within other organizations have a little hesitation but ultimately his body of work is going to outweigh what he did in his first two months of this season for the teams that are smart enough. The only thing that would have hurt his value is if there was an injury that was causing this.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Q going to anybody but the Yankees or Astros at this point.

From Yankees- Has to start with Frazier pretty much no matter what at this point I would think...Frazier, Andjuar, and Sheffield would be really nice. If not some combo of Adams, Fowler, Abreu, and Clarksin and I wouldn't complain. Wouldn't hate getting Tyler Austin from them either if they aren't going to call him up.

So Frazier, Andjuar, and Sheffield or Frazier, Fowler, Clarksin, and Austin

Astros- Again, more or less has to start with Tucker. Either Whitley or Perez as the 2nd piece and the either JD Davis or Yordam Alvarez as the 3rd...maybe a lotto pick 19 year as well.

Tucker, Perez, Davis, and Jonathan Arauz

Quintana and Frazier (can play 1B/3B) to the Yankees for Clint Frazier, Chance Adams, Jorge Mateo, and Estevan Florial.

Robertson to the Nationals for Carter Kieboom and Jesus Luzardo.

Can't figure out who Kahnle would go to

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 07:37 AM)
Where did you get these from? I know Melky's at -0.5 WAR, but I find it hard to believe he won't get better.

I just extrapolated out their fWAR for what they would put up over 600 at bats...for example, Leury's just over 200, so he and Davidson have a lot more uncertainty baked in.

For pitchers, basically 2.3 x their numbers (Pelfrey obviously won't keep it up), since we've played around 70-162.

Not an exact science, but a nice instant snapshot.

So no, I wasn't incorporating likely/possible improvement into the numbers of Cabrera and Anderson.

Thought Leury would be lower, Davidson higher, Kahnle continues to be the most interesting decision on the roster after Q.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
Quintana and Frazier (can play 1B/3B) to the Yankees for Clint Frazier, Chance Adams, Jorge Mateo, and Estevan Florial.

Would love to see the Sox get the Dodgers involved somehow in trade discussions.

Kahnle for Verdugo would be a great get. I also love Calhoun but the current influx of Burger, Sheets, Skoug means we might have a lot of all hit-no position players. Either way, I'd still target Calhoun.

QUOTE (pablo @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 09:24 AM)
Would love to see the Sox get the Dodgers involved somehow in trade discussions.

Kahnle for Verdugo would be a great get. I also love Calhoun but the current influx of Burger, Sheets, Skoug means we might have a lot of all hit-no position players. Either way, I'd still target Calhoun.

Maybe target Calhoun with the idea of getting him reps in LF immediately in the minors?

QUOTE (pablo @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 09:24 AM)

I'd be very surprised if the Dodgers would move Verdugo for a reliever. The power has not shown up yet, but he's 21 years old hitting .339 in AAA with a cannon arm.

Yusniel Diaz would be a great get though.

My wishlist:

Robertson + Swarzak for Kieboom + Soto + Luzardo

Quintana + Kahnle for Schwarber, Jimenez, Cease, Albertos

Avi for Kelly + Flaherty

Abreu for Rutherford, Andujar, Abreu

OF Depth: Rutherford, Robert, Soto, Jimenez, Call, Fisher, Adolfo, Basabe

1B: Schwarber, Davidson

2B: Sanchez, Moncada

SS: Anderson, Kieboom

3B: Delmonico, Andujar, Kieboom, Davidson

CA: Kelly, Collins

SP: Giolito, Flaherty, Lopez, Rodon, Fullmer, Dunning, Hansen, Cease, Guererro, Adams, Stephens, Luzardo, Abreu

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 10:23 AM)
The Cubs also don't need a reliever and aren't selling low on Schwarber.

? That offer looks like it would be selling high. Not that I think that deal would actually happen or anything.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 09:11 AM)
I just extrapolated out their fWAR for what they would put up over 600 at bats...for example, Leury's just over 200, so he and Davidson have a lot more uncertainty baked in.

For pitchers, basically 2.3 x their numbers (Pelfrey obviously won't keep it up), since we've played around 70-162.

Not an exact science, but a nice instant snapshot.

So no, I wasn't incorporating likely/possible improvement into the numbers of Cabrera and Anderson.

Thought Leury would be lower, Davidson higher, Kahnle continues to be the most interesting decision on the roster after Q.

Probably safer to use their current fWAR plus their projections for the remainder of the season. Cabrera is a -0.3-0 fWAR player that way, while Avi is probably a 3.1-3.3 player. No one in the past 10 years has run a BABIP over .400 for an entire season. There were a few - Chris Johnson, Austin Jackson, and Josh Hamilton, and maybe a couple others I'm missing - that ran it in the .390s, but usually players top out around .380-.390. Avi is still at .417.

QUOTE (striker @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 09:11 AM)
My wishlist:

Avi for Kelly + Flaherty

SP: Giolito, Flaherty, Lopez, Rodon, Fullmer, Dunning, Hansen, Cease, Guererro, Adams, Stephens, Luzardo, Abreu

I think 0 of those trades are realistic... we wont got all 3 from wash, they've already depleted their system to us. cubs aren't giving us shwaber + jimenez, I don't think avi brings that back and no way we get that for abreu

QUOTE (striker @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 10:11 AM)
My wishlist:

Avi for Kelly + Flaherty

Robertson and Swarzak are not getting the White Sox Soto, Kieboom and Luzardo

I don't get the romantic desire for Schwarber. He has been awful so far in 2017 and his value is WAY down.

Abreu is not getting Rutherford, Andujar and Abreu

AFter this year I'm never counting out players that hit the ball really hard. Hell, look at Smoak. Hit the ball really hard for a while but numbers always sucked, now they are finally going out of stadium and into gaps.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 09:50 AM)
AFter this year I'm never counting out players that hit the ball really hard. Hell, look at Smoak. Hit the ball really hard for a while but numbers always sucked, now they are finally going out of stadium and into gaps.

Or Morrison. Alonso, Thames and Judge.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)

Packaging Frazier with Q probably hurts Q's value. I don't see the sox doing that.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 08:21 AM)
Just a prediction, but I think this is how it lays out Quintana starts before 7/31:

6-27 vs Yankees

7-2 vs Rangers

7-8 at Rockies

7-18 vs Dodgers

7-24 at Cubs

7-29 vs Indians

I think they'll stay away from 7-31 being his start date for obvious reasons, and 7-30 is Hall of Fame day, where I think MLB will tell teams not to take away from that. The Sox have a day game while the speeches are going on.

Tough to tell teams not to make trades hours prior to the trade deadline.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 10:40 AM)
Robertson and Swarzak are not getting the White Sox Soto, Kieboom and Luzardo

I don't get the romantic desire for Schwarber. He has been awful so far in 2017 and his value is WAY down.

Abreu is not getting Rutherford, Andujar and Abreu

Completely agree. I would be thrilled if Robertson + Swarzak nets Soto and Luzardo. I really like Soto, especially where he would potentially fit into this rebuild. Schwarber, yea, I'll pass. Already have enough DH types on this roster and minor league system. Abreu isn't going anywhere any time soon.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 08:21 AM)
Just a prediction, but I think this is how it lays out Quintana starts before 7/31:

6-27 vs Yankees

7-2 vs Rangers

7-8 at Rockies

7-18 vs Dodgers

7-24 at Cubs

7-29 vs Indians

I think they'll stay away from 7-31 being his start date for obvious reasons, and 7-30 is Hall of Fame day, where I think MLB will tell teams not to take away from that. The Sox have a day game while the speeches are going on.

He'll take the ball sooner than the 18th. They're not going to give him 9 days off. Teams always shuffle their rotation at the All Star break. He'll most likely take the ball in that Seattle series (probably that Saturday the 15th).

If so, it would line up like this post All-Star break:

7-15 vs Mariners

7-22 at Royals

7-27 vs Cubs

His next start would actually be scheduled for 31st if he takes the ball on the 15th against the Mariners (assuming no rainouts or spot starts).

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 06:30 PM)
This is the same surgery that John Danks and Johan Santana had. If their recoveries (or lack thereof) are any indication of what is to come, the Dodgers had a guy go from top overall prospect to non prospect

Brutal. Sucks to see that happen to him, but it might play into the Sox favor.