Bernie Sanders/wife under FBI investigation for bank fraud

caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 05:57 AM)
Bernie and Jane Sanders, under FBI investigation for bank fraud, hire lawyers

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-and-jan...d-hire-lawyers/

Pretty sure we can relate this to the other thread and why bipartisanship is dying....depending on which side of fence, it kicked into full gear with Nixon and then Clintons.

Bank fraud?? I love Bernie. I wonder if I was mistaken in my fandom of him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 12:31 AM)
Bank fraud?? I love Bernie. I wonder if I was mistaken in my fandom of him.

Did you read the article or search for one, it's related to a loan his wife was aggressive in securing for her university...that later went bankrupt, and the allegation against Bernie is using his influence/power to help secure it. Basically, what Trump does everyday (still) in his business dealings.

Just the opposite.

We can't trust crooked Hillary and Bill, but that Sanders sure seemed like a different kind of politician who didn't care about money or personally enriching himself.

At least Trump doesn't pretend to be something he's not.

Translation, Democrats are less truthworthy than even Republicans, and, in this Sanders case again, more connected to banks and Wall Street than Main Street, where most of the country lives.

(If they can make it stick...still seems 75% partisan and 25% smoke more directly related to his wife).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 24, 2017 -> 09:39 PM)
I don't get why you seem to be excited about this, Reddy. Bernie being charged with a crime isn't going to make his fans or leftists in general embrace centrist Democrats all of a sudden.

Eh, I just really hate Bernie and the obsession people have with him. I've been through this with John Edwards. It sucks, but they'll be better for it when they realize he's just a politician like everyone else.

For the record, I'm not asking anyone to embrace centrism. I'm not a centrist, politically speaking. I'm a pragmatist. I support many "far left" policies, but think we should prioritize winning above all else, meaning we run moderates where they can win and progressives where they can win.

There's real smoke with this—somebody involved with the loan application knew they were bulls***ting—the only question is whether Jane Sanders was merely negligent or actually knowingly participated in the deception. The alleged pressure from Bernie, though, seems purely politically motivated and the public record doesn't provide a shred of evidence.