Cub haters not in Chicago?

Bmr31

Im just curious how much effect living in chicago has on hating the cubs. I lived in chicago for the first 19 years of my life, but i havent lived there in a LONG time. I still hate the cubs with a passion. Id be interested in how other members feel who do not live in Chicago. :huh:

Im just curious how much effect living in chicago has on hating the cubs.  I lived in chicago for the first 19 years of my life, but i havent lived there in a LONG time.  I still hate the cubs with a passion.  Id be interested in how other members feel who do not live in Chicago.  :huh:

I grew up in Chicago, left when I was 18. I'm 27 now and hate the sCrUBS as much as I did the day I left. There are plenty of their fans down here in Tulsa, and also in Atlanta, where I lived prior to Tulsa. The fact that they are now in the postseason this year makes matters even worse. I was already catching s*** for the Sox inexcusable collapse and now I have to hear about the sCrUBS and sham-me playing in October. I PRAY THEY GET SWEPT BY A MUCH BETTER BRAVES TEAM!!!!

So to answer your question B, no, leaving town doesn't change things one bit. I used to have a card that I carried around in my wallet that read, "I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother who's a Cubs fan". I'm happy to say that I still find that to be true. :fthecubs :snr :fthecubs

Im just curious how much effect living in chicago has on hating the cubs.  I lived in chicago for the first 19 years of my life, but i havent lived there in a LONG time.  I still hate the cubs with a passion.  Id be interested in how other members feel who do not live in Chicago.  :huh:

I think its probably the reason that I have nothing against the Cubs. Hell, I'm gonna be rooting for them in the playoffs. I want to see the Cubs vs the Red Sox.

As long as it ain't Yankees Braves I'll be happy.

Sox are #1 by a longshot though.

I think its probably the reason that I have nothing against the Cubs.  Hell, I'm gonna be rooting for them in the playoffs.  I want to see the Cubs vs the Red Sox.

YEah probably. I hate them, but im not obsessed with them like so many others. Im sure that has to do with not being in the city of Chicago. I would LOVE to see the red sox in the world series. But.... :fthecubs

I live in a small town in central Illinois and have my entire life. I've never really hated the cubs or any of the players on the cubs (except sosa). I just see them as another team. They're not in our division so I don't really care what they do.

The only thing I don't like is when cub fans rip on me when they're doing well and the sox aren't i.e. these last couple of weeks. That doesn't make me cheer against the cubs, it just makes me cheer for the sox even more.

Another thing I don't like about the cubs is the fake fans that just sit around and say they're cubs fans just to say it. I can respect the cub fans that actually follow baseball and let me like the white sox without harassing me.

I left Chicago 8 years ago after 34 years and I find it easier to not hate them when I'm not surounded by their whining fans. If they win people down here will actually come up and say nice game, you must be happy the Cubs are in the playoffs. They forget there's another team in Chicago that broke my heart this year.

It's not like the Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers, and Bulls where people all around the country hate them for their success. How can you hate the Cubs if you're in Atlanta, they gave you Maddox.

:fthecubs

I grew up on the South Side so I despise the Flubbs even though I haven't lived in Chicago for the last 5 years.

I don't live in Chicago.

Never have lived in Chicago.

Yet I was groomed to hate the Cubs since birth because it's what Sox fans do and it's what we do best.

So here's to the Cubs losing in the first round....

:cheers :cheers :cheers

:fthecubs

I was born in Chicago, and now live in Harvard, which is about 1-1 1/2 hours outside of Chicago. I liked the Cubs as a kid, but then I got older and grew a brain and went for the White Sox around...I don't know when. A huge part of my life was anti-baseball due to how it stopped being a game and became more serious as I got older. So I left the world of BBall and went to my main love, my guitar.

But or me, I just hate the Cubs. I don't care if they are a Chicago team and I should root for the Chicago team. I don't live in Chicago. I love the history of the Sox, and the whole true baseball style that the Sox are.

I also don't like the National League, so I am rooting all American this year. The only way I might change is if there is a Yankees/Giants series. Not a huge Bonds fan, but I have a feeling that with the loss of his Dad, that man will play like hell on fire if he hits the Series!!! :headbang

I was born in Chicago, and now live in Harvard, which is about 1-1 1/2 hours outside of Chicago. I liked the Cubs as a kid, but then I got older and grew a brain and went for the White Sox around...I don't know when. A huge part of my life was anti-baseball due to how it stopped being a game and became more serious as I got older. So I left the world of BBall and went to my main love, my guitar.

But or me, I just hate the Cubs. I don't care if they are a Chicago team and I should root for the Chicago team. I don't live in Chicago. I love the history of the Sox, and the whole true baseball style that the Sox are.

I also don't like the National League, so I am rooting all American this year. The only way I might change is if there is a Yankees/Giants series. Not a huge Bonds fan, but I have a feeling that with the loss of his Dad, that man will play like hell on fire if he hits the Series!!! :headbang

Eminem rocks!! :headbang

I think its probably the reason that I have nothing against the Cubs.  Hell, I'm gonna be rooting for them in the playoffs.  I want to see the Cubs vs the Red Sox.

Jason? Say it ain't so? You of all people?

I'm sorry dude, we can not allow you to root for the scrubs.

We can accept you refraining from rooting against them, but we can not tolerate SOXTALK fans rooting for the scrubs.

As a reminder here are the poll results of this very question:

http://www.soxtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=10023&st=30

YES [ 5 ] [11.63%]

NO [ 37 ] [86.05%]

OTHER [ 1 ] [2.33%]

The overwhelming majority of this community says no to rooting for the scrubs.

Hence for the next week we are all Braves fans.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Jason? Say it ain't so? You of all people?

I'm sorry dude, we can not allow you to root for the scrubs.

We can accept you refraining from rooting against them, but we can not tolerate SOXTALK fans rooting for the scrubs.

As a reminder here are the poll results of this very question:

http://www.soxtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=10023&st=30

YES [ 5 ] [11.63%]

NO [ 37 ] [86.05%]

OTHER [ 1 ] [2.33%]

The overwhelming majority of this community says no to rooting for the scrubs.

Hence for the next week we are all Braves fans.

jugg you knew that jas was a closet scrub fan.... weve beat him up about it before on here.. or were you absent those days..... :D