Avi Garcia - All Star

TheChrisSamsa

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 08:13 PM)
Wow, not a single World Series champion Cub made the roster. Wade Davis the only the Cub at the moment.

Don't fans of defending champs usually stuff the ballot box? Maybe Cub fans aren't all that dumb??

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 08:34 PM)
Don't fans of defending champs usually stuff the ballot box? Maybe Cub fans aren't all that dumb??

Heyward, Schwarber, Rizzo, Bryant and Zobrist were all toward the top for their positions last tally I saw.

None of them really deserve it...

Edited by turnin' two

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2017 -> 09:16 PM)
To be fair, Anderson leads the majors in errors and Melky has been one of the worst defensive outfielders in baseball since he's been here

Congrats Avi. Glad to see him make it. I know nothing about him but he seems like a hard worker who cares about his baseball career. His average may plummet the rest of the season but at least he had one good half in his career to make an all star game. Avi baby!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 09:01 PM)
Congrats Avi. Glad to see him make it. I know nothing about him but he seems like a hard worker who cares about his baseball career. His average may plummet the rest of the season but at least he had one good half in his career to make an all star game. Avi baby!

And to think, you wanted him cut.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 03:09 AM)
And to think, you wanted him cut.

Not exactly. I never was an Avi hater. I was not an Avi lover. I pick my battles with Soxtalkers and I wasn't going to stand up for Avi as I did guys like Ozzie, Dye, Pods, Konerko, Dwyane Wise, Buehrle (whenever I would call him the best ever, the crabby Soxtalkers would bring up oldies like Billy Pierce, etc.), Bobby Jenks. I let Soxtalk blast Avi without resistance, with my blessing, and my stance on him was I would not be upset if we dumped him. I still don't care if we trade him. I feel like he's in a no win situation with Sox fans who don't believe in him still.

Besides, my stance will not dictate whether I am allowed to enjoy winning when we get good again. I am against the rebuild. I am totally down on the front office. I hate Renteria and his bunting. BUT if and when we get good again and win the division and/or WS, I will have the right to cheer for the team.

I may be a bad fan right now, but I remain a fan. My 100 plus dollars for mlb.com is going toward white sox games no other team's games.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 05:07 AM)
Liar-nik.

Find a post of mine burying Avi.

Find a post of anybody besides El Rockin praising Avi, expressing confidence in Avi, wanting Avi to be our right fielder this season for any reason besides tanking games. Who on this board actually appreciated Avi's potential before spring training 2017? Probably El Rockin. I seem to recall maybe one Avi fan, not sure if it was Mex or Tex or whom. Maybe one.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 12:12 AM)

Find a post of anybody besides El Rockin praising Avi, expressing confidence in Avi, wanting Avi to be our right fielder this season for any reason besides tanking games. Who on this board actually appreciated Avi's potential before spring training 2017? Probably El Rockin. I seem to recall maybe one Avi fan, not sure if it was Mex or Tex or whom. Maybe one.

1) Gonna eat crow. I can only find posts about you saying he looks like a ballplayer but others figured he sucked so you were surprised by how bad he was.

2) Ss2k5 and I have always stood up for his work ethic. Chitownsportsfan adores Avi.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 05:30 AM)
1) Gonna eat crow. I can only find posts about you saying he looks like a ballplayer but others figured he sucked so you were surprised by how bad he was.

2) Ss2k5 and I have always stood up for his work ethic. Chitownsportsfan adores Avi.

1.) Exactly as I explained. I said others on soxtalk say he sucked and I'm taking their side. I never buried Avi. I just went with the flow.

2.) Everybody has been OK with his work ethic. Cmon Avi has been a total whipping boy on soxtalk. People have despised him, been OK to happy with/for him this year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 09:12 PM)

Me and there were others too. I had protracted discussions with Eminor3 sticking up for Avi.

QUOTE (Saladino'sMustache @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 10:56 AM)
Kahnle got absolutely robbed. I know he's had some trouble lately, but look at his numbers compared to Betances. Kahnle: 0.9 WAR, 2.20 ERA, 0.918 WHIP, 7.86 K/BB. Betances: 0.5 WAR, 3.12 ERA, 1.346 WHIP, 2.29 K/BB. It's not even close.

Think about Justin Turner. Hitting over .380. OPS over 1.000 and playing GG defense.