7/3 Games

Heads22

Gwinnett (40-41) @ Charlotte (36-45)

Blair (5-4, 5.22) vs Volstad (1-3, 6.39)

6:05 CT, MILB.TV

Biloxi (41-38) @ Birmingham (30-49)

Burnes (2-1, 1.53) vs Stephens (0-1, 1.14)

6:30 CT, MILB.TV

Winston-Salem (29-52) @ Carolina (43-36)

Dunning (3-4, 2.81) vs Medeiros (3-6, 4.95)

6:00 CT, MILB.TV

Delmarva (36-43) @ Kannapolis (43-36)

Dietz (0-7, 5.09) vs Valerio (1-0, 1.83)

6:05 CT

Great Falls (6-8) @ Billings (9-5)

Von Ruden (0-0, 13.00) vs Naughton (0-0, 6.75)

8:05 CT

AZL Reds (2-5) @ AZL White Sox (4-3)

TBD vs TBD

9:00 CT

DSL White Sox (10-13) vs DSL Blue Jays (17-7)

Pineda (1-1, 3.86) vs Vizcaino (0-1, 1.69)

9:30 AM CT

--

http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?s...mp;ymd=20170703

http://mlbfarm.com/index.php?team=CWS&date=2017-07-03

MILB.com/Dash website lists TBD as WS starter, whereas last night's game story has Dane starting today.

The Birmingham feed has a terrible behind home plate angle, but I'm watching both Stephens and Dunning and both have been very impressive. There hasn't been a single hard hit ball of Stephens all night and Dunning works about as fast Buehrle. The kid catches and throws.

sheets with 2 BB and a 2B burger 0/4 2k

Luis Gonzalez 0/3 2 BB 1 k

Booker with 1 2B, 1 BB & 1 K

Agreed on the dickman comment, would like to see him pushed up to the offensive wasteland that is known as AA in the near future.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 11:14 PM)
sheets with 2 BB and a 2B burger 0/4 2k

Luis Gonzalez 0/3 2 BB 1 k

Booker with 1 2B, 1 BB & 1 K

Agreed on the dickman comment, would like to see him pushed up to the offensive wasteland that is known as AA in the near future.

I'd settle for WS moving him up in the order. It's ridiculous (and mostly irrelevant, but still) that he's batting 9th every day.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 3, 2017 -> 11:19 PM)
I'd settle for WS moving him up in the order. It's ridiculous (and mostly irrelevant, but still) that he's batting 9th every day.

Yeah if they've got something with him better to get him even more PA, I know hes split time between SS & 2B and some 3B I would love for them to ship him to AA and start him everyday at SS. If he continues his hitting ways at AA he could land at AAA at the start of '18 and be right on curve age wise (24). That'd be a nice get for a round 22 pick and the scout that recommended him.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 12:11 AM)
Yeah if they've got something with him better to get him even more PA, I know hes split time between SS & 2B and some 3B I would love for them to ship him to AA and start him everyday at SS. If he continues his hitting ways at AA he could land at AAA at the start of '18 and be right on curve age wise (24). That'd be a nice get for a round 22 pick and the scout that recommended him.

And bench/dump our Olympian speed skater or push him up to Charlotte when he's struggled pretty much the entire season offensively?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 04:27 AM)
And bench/dump our Olympian speed skater or push him up to Charlotte when he's struggled pretty much the entire season offensively?

No offense to the 27 year old Olympian but Dickman might actually have a major league future as more than just a bench piece and as great as Alvarez's story is it shouldn't come at the cost of deserving prospects and their potential promotions.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 03:27 AM)

Put him back up to Charlotte, why not. Despite struggles he's hitting for a 111 wRC+ in Birmingham and hit 106 in his brief time in Charlotte last season. Still yet to hit for a below league-average line at any stop. Release Everth Cabrera who is hitting .195/.279/.245 as a 30-year-old in AAA. Definitely need to see Dickman at AA.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 01:11 AM)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 04:27 AM)

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 07:52 AM)
No offense to the 27 year old Olympian but Dickman might actually have a major league future as more than just a bench piece and as great as Alvarez's story is it shouldn't come at the cost of deserving prospects and their potential promotions.

Alvarez still has a substantially better shot at a major league job than Mendick. Also, they are both utility profiles, neither look like starting options. And the statement that Alvarez has struggled pretty much the entire season is the opposite of reality. He had a 3-week ice cold stretch in April. Since April 29th: .273/.369/.388, 28:39 BB:K in 217 PA. His last dozen games before last night (stats not in yet)? .341/.449/.488. Probably time he goes to Charlotte in any case. Speaking of which...

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 4, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
Put him back up to Charlotte, why not. Despite struggles he's hitting for a 111 wRC+ in Birmingham and hit 106 in his brief time in Charlotte last season. Still yet to hit for a below league-average line at any stop. Release Everth Cabrera who is hitting .195/.279/.245 as a 30-year-old in AAA. Definitely need to see Dickman at AA.

I tend to agree that I'd rather see Alvarez than Everth Cabrera.