Prospect Focus - Michael Kopech's 6/29 start

NorthSideSox72

I was at Kopech's 6/29 start - his shortest and statistically weakest of the season. I took notes, chatted with scouts, took video, talked with Michael and his pitching coach.

The result is this article. Turns out this start was a good example of why context is so important, and to not get carried away with single game results. Give it a read!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 08:53 AM)
I was at Kopech's 6/29 start - his shortest and statistically weakest of the season. I took notes, chatted with scouts, took video, talked with Michael and his pitching coach.

The result is this article. Turns out this start was a good example of why context is so important, and to not get carried away with single game results. Give it a read!

Sounds like some definite maturity issues to work out, but nice to know the stuff is still there after a career high in IP.

Phenomenal article. It does make me feel a little better about that horrific start. But the article and the video inside the article were masterful. Hopefully he'll be a good pitcher and Rodon will be as good as he was last start. The sooner we can get rid of Shields, Holland and Pelfrey the better.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 09:16 PM)
Phenomenal article. It does make me feel a little better about that horrific start. But the article and the video inside the article were masterful. Hopefully he'll be a good pitcher and Rodon will be as good as he was last start. The sooner we can get rid of Shields, Holland and Pelfrey the better.

Is that still you? Has someone hijacked your account? A bot?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 09:23 AM)
Wow, thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. It was fun to write, and I'm not too worried about Kopech.

Kopech only recently turned 21, so he still has plenty of time to improve in maturity and command. He will absolutely have to cut down on the walks, but at this point I am not overly concerned.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 5, 2017 -> 08:53 AM)

Just got to this - great article.