In-person reports on Spencer Adams & 4 BHAM relievers

NorthSideSox72

Following up on the Kopech piece, here is a post covering the other five pitchers I saw in Birmingham. Spencer Adams gets a deep look with videos and quotes. I also put up a few words and at least one video for each of four relievers, including a surprising look from Jace Fry.

The hitters piece is coming soon, along with interview transcripts.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 10:59 AM)
Following up on the Kopech piece, here is a post covering the other five pitchers I saw in Birmingham. Spencer Adams gets a deep look with videos and quotes. I also put up a few words and at least one video for each of four relievers, including a surprising look from Jace Fry.

The hitters piece is coming soon, along with interview transcripts.

Glad to see the progress that Adams has been making. He only turned 21 in April and has already had some success in AA. Very glad to hear his velocity is up in the 92-94 range, with the potential for more to come still. Repeating AA to start 2018, with a possible AAA promotion mid season would not be bad for his development. I still think he has considerable potential to end up being a solid starter sown the line.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 12:05 PM)
This is a good post. The velo readings are huge for Adams and his profile. He's not a TOR guy but definitely a guy to be excited about. The one thing I'd nitpick is him getting a look in Charlotte at the end of this year. He already has 24 starts in BHam between this year and last. Let him get his 2-3 starts in Charlotte in August to end the year assuming we see more of the same moving forward.

Another thing with a slight thread derailment - it's gotta suck for the Sox to have starters in Charlotte. It plays really tough to pitch there. Other than guys with less than a handful of starts, the Knights haven't had a starter with less than 4 ERA this year or last.

Once the train of trades start happening in Chicago, I would imagine that a secondary effect would be spots opening in Charlotte for Adams and Guerrero.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 6, 2017 -> 12:05 PM)
This is a good post. The velo readings are huge for Adams and his profile. He's not a TOR guy but definitely a guy to be excited about. The one thing I'd nitpick is him getting a look in Charlotte at the end of this year. He already has 24 starts in BHam between this year and last. Let him get his 2-3 starts in Charlotte in August to end the year assuming we see more of the same moving forward.

Another thing with a slight thread derailment - it's gotta suck for the Sox to have starters in Charlotte. It plays really tough to pitch there. Other than guys with less than a handful of starts, the Knights haven't had a starter with less than 4 ERA this year or last.

I'm glad to hear the velocity is up to 92-94 for Adams and he's showing good sign of improvement. I can't help but get the feeling that eventually the Sox will look to start building a competitive team, and guys like Adams could be very attractive as trade chips to acquire mlb players when the time is right.

Not sure he makes it to Charlotte this season, but certainly at some point in 2018 he should be there. It's a brutal park to pitch in it seems.