Another United Airlines debacle

caulfield12

I was on a Southwest flight and a mom and dad had a 1.5-2 year old I'd say. I cringed as the child laid on the floor before take off. Not sure if the child was still down there. All I could think of was the fact you wear a seatbelt because there have been cases where planes hit the pocket and people without seat belts on crash into the top of the plane and bust their heads open. I'm thinking mom and dad had their legs over the child so the baby wouldn't go flying into the air if there was turbulence but it sorta made me nervous for the child.

Just goes to show you how some planes just let it go. This little kid was old enough to sit upright and have a seat belt I'm thinking. Nothing happened but the flight attendants didn't even discuss procedure with the parents. They just let them do what they wanted with the child.

I love Southwest. Just thought this was a curious story.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2017 -> 09:18 PM)
I was on a Southwest flight and a mom and dad had a 1.5-2 year old I'd say. I cringed as the child laid on the floor before take off. Not sure if the child was still down there. All I could think of was the fact you wear a seatbelt because there have been cases where planes hit the pocket and people without seat belts on crash into the top of the plane and bust their heads open. I'm thinking mom and dad had their legs over the child so the baby wouldn't go flying into the air if there was turbulence but it sorta made me nervous for the child.

Just goes to show you how some planes just let it go. This little kid was old enough to sit upright and have a seat belt I'm thinking. Nothing happened but the flight attendants didn't even discuss procedure with the parents. They just let them do what they wanted with the child.

I love Southwest. Just thought this was a curious story.

Thats correct Greg. I've been on a plane where turbulence did that exact thing.

However, kids man. They crazy.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 8, 2017 -> 03:18 PM)
Thats correct Greg. I've been on a plane where turbulence did that exact thing.

However, kids man. They crazy.

Damn I hope everybody had their seatbelts on. Did anybody get hurt badly?