Weekly Top Prospects Report, 7/7

NorthSideSox72

As always, thanks for doing this.

Fulmer looking more and more like a bullpen arm to me. Ditto for Danish.

What are the chances that Stephens and/or Guerrero can become 3/4 starters in the big leagues.

From the large pile of pitching prospects: Giolito, Lopez, Kopech, Adams, Dunning, Hansen, at least 2 and hopefully 3 of those guys need to come through.

Maybe it's just me, but these stats are truly mediocre other than Moncada's. I know it's early but the Adam Eaton trade looks like a dud at this point

We started the year with what six or seven prospects in the top 100? We add Luis Robert during the season, and now we have only four in the top 100?

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 07:31 PM)
Maybe it's just me, but these stats are truly mediocre other than Moncada's. I know it's early but the Adam Eaton trade looks like a dud at this point

We started the year with what six or seven prospects in the top 100? We add Luis Robert during the season, and now we have only four in the top 100?

I know this sounds like heresy, but this Farm System is not in Top 5.

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
What five do you rank higher?

I would rank them post draft as such

Braves

Yankees

Phillies

White Sox

Padres

Astros

Rays

Dodgers

Cards

Brewers

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 12:36 PM)
I would rank them post draft as such

Braves

Yankees

Phillies

White Sox

Padres

Astros

Rays

Dodgers

Cards

Brewers

I can agree with those.

But if we had Tatis, we'd be #1 for the next five years.

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
What five do you rank higher?

In no particular order....

Mil

NYY

Colo

San Diego

Atlanta

Houston

Boston

2 or 3 others are toss ups. Our top 4 teams are a collective 40 or so under .500. I know, I know this means nothing, but if they were 40 or so over .500 everyone here would be raving, including me.

Our first rounders have hurt us, not counting Burger, of course.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 02:14 PM)

Mil

NYY

Colo

San Diego

Atlanta

Houston

Boston

2 or 3 others are toss ups. Our top 4 teams are a collective 40 or so under .500. I know, I know this means nothing, but if they were 40 or so over .500 everyone here would be raving, including me.

Milwaukees prospect have stalled as much this season as ours and they don't have near the high end. I agree with NYY, Colorado has graduated a ton of talent and Tapia is going to be off lists shortly and Pint well possesing elite stuff hasn't lived up the billing of the #3 pick. I could see how you might consider SD above our system in terms of low minor talent but thats questionable. Houston's system has taken a hit with graduations, PEDs and under performance and in my eyes they were behind us to begin with. Boston? their systems high end is decimated outside of Devers, Groome is back but already had a lat strain this year, and their depth is a lot of 26 year old former top prospects with a ton of question marks.

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 01:34 PM)
I can agree with those.

But if we had Tatis, we'd be #1 for the next five years.

If only...I can forgive Tatis as the FO last Hurrah to "go for it" it sucks, but it is what it is, I'm just glad the scouting department correctly identified the talent to begin with, thats a take away i can live with.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 03:14 PM)

Mil

NYY

Colo

San Diego

Atlanta

Houston

Boston

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
Milwaukees prospect have stalled as much this season as ours and they don't have near the high end. I agree with NYY, Colorado has graduated a ton of talent and Tapia is going to be off lists shortly and Pint well possesing elite stuff hasn't lived up the billing of the #3 pick. I could see how you might consider SD above our system in terms of low minor talent but thats questionable. Houston's system has taken a hit with graduations, PEDs and under performance and in my eyes they were behind us to begin with. Boston? their systems high end is decimated outside of Devers, Groome is back but already had a lat strain this year, and their depth is a lot of 26 year old former top prospects with a ton of question marks.

NYY and Atlanta are both pretty clear cut.

In no world is Boston a better farm than ours.

Rockies have Rodgers, Pint and McMahon.

San Diego I need to see over time.

Houston has taken hits.

The Sox have had some guys take a step back, but have also had players like Hansen and Dunning surge forward.

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 03:17 PM)
NYY and Atlanta are both pretty clear cut.

In no world is Boston a better farm than ours.

Rockies have Rodgers, Pint and McMahon.

San Diego I need to see over time.

Houston has taken hits.

The Sox have had some guys take a step back, but have also had players like Hansen and Dunning surge forward.

For every guy that has fallen back, they have had a guy step up. Micker, Guerrero and Stephens are others who have taken big leaps forward. The Sox have the #1 prospect in baseball, plus 5 of the top 100, and maybe another 5 in the next 100 as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 04:40 PM)
For every guy that has fallen back, they have had a guy step up. Micker, Guerrero and Stephens are others who have taken big leaps forward. The Sox have the #1 prospect in baseball, plus 5 of the top 100, and maybe another 5 in the next 100 as well.

Moncada

Kopech

Robert

are all definitely in the Top 100

I could see

Giolito, Lopez and Collins still being firmly in the Top 100.

Fulmer probably falling out.

Hansen should be in. Dunning could be knocking on the door.

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 01:59 PM)
Moncada

Kopech

Robert

are all definitely in the Top 100

I could see

Giolito, Lopez and Collins still being firmly in the Top 100.

Fulmer probably falling out.

Hansen should be in. Dunning could be knocking on the door.

+1

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 02:14 PM)

Mil

NYY

Colo

San Diego

Atlanta

Houston

Boston

Sox system is way better than Boston's right now. I think it's better than Milwaukees too and probably Houston