What type of pitching prospect do you like?

Rduff12000

Just thinking, the Sox have a great balance of hard throwing, high ceiling guys that my not have the best control and several others that have better control, less velocity and slightly lower ceilings.

Lets call them 1's (hard throwers) and 2's.

Which type of pitcher helps the big club most often?

1's-- How often do the 1's develop control and become the type of starting pitcher they were drafted to be? Being a Braves fan, John Smoltz comes to mind. He was pretty wild when he came to the braves, but turned it around

and became a HOF type pitcher. Randy Johnson comes to mind also. But how often does this happen? By this, I don't mean become a HOF pitcher, just be a 2 or 3 starter with enough control.

2's--The inning eaters that seem to be the 3, 4, and 5 starters most often, but can develop into 1 or 2 type starters. Wainwright, Maddux, Glavine come to mind. These seem to become very good pitchers when they develop

"that" pitch. A Dave Duncan cutter if you will.

I know everyone likes the 1's, the Sale--12K's per 9 types, but which pans out the most often?

Advantage of hard throwers is the plan B. Most wild hard throwers never improve command enough to start in mlb but they still become relievers.

With the soft tossers you usually have more of a 5th starter ceiling and more likely a 6th/spot starter or long man and often a AAAA innings eater.

Best is a hard thrower with command but that is rare and we are talking about a top10 overall prospect.