Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
Ryan McGuffey‏ @RyanMcGuffey 17s17 seconds ago

More

While in Miami, was told from strong source that 100 percent, Jose Quintana gets dealt & maybe 'sooner than you think'. #WhiteSox

Who the hell is Ryan McGuffey lol

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 11:02 AM)
Ryan McGuffey‏ @RyanMcGuffey 17s17 seconds ago

More

While in Miami, was told from strong source that 100 percent, Jose Quintana gets dealt & maybe 'sooner than you think'. #WhiteSox

Perhaps, but unless a contender significantly ups the trade package offer I do not feel like any deal appears to be close. Hahn and Co. should have a very good idea of what his trade value is and if a trade package is the right move to make.

We very well could be seeing Quintana's market heating up as teams realize the Sox are serious about moving him. Time to get offers in.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 11:09 AM)
Perhaps, but unless a contender significantly ups the trade package offer I do not feel like any deal appears to be close. Hahn and Co. should have a very good idea of what his trade value is and if a trade package is the right move to make.

We very well could be seeing Quintana's market heating up as teams realize the Sox are serious about moving him. Time to get offers in.

He's been on the market so long at this point that any potential deal should come together very quickly if/when it happens.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 11:06 AM)
Who the hell is Ryan McGuffey lol

I'll buy into the Quintana smoke when the National guys start to tweet about it

Although, enough ground work has been laid that a deal could come together pretty quickly

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 09:58 AM)
Brian Bilek @BrianBilek_

now

I was told earlier this week Milwaukee, New York and Colorado were leading the way on Q but nobody came forward with the "heavy names" yet.

Daddy like.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 11:58 AM)
Brian Bilek @BrianBilek_

now

I was told earlier this week Milwaukee, New York and Colorado were leading the way on Q but nobody came forward with the "heavy names" yet.

Yes please

I'm sure they realize the sooner they trade these guys the less money they will pay, and the more losses they will accumulate.

Someone will blink with Q, I would think. I believe the return for Robertson won't be so great. I don't think 2 months of Swarzak will get you anything but a lottery ticket, but it's worth taking. Frazier stays hot, he may get you a halfway decent prospect. Melky is a lottery ticket type, as are the rest unless you go into trading Abreu, which I find unlikely.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 10:21 AM)
Is this really news? I think we all know that there is a large likelihood he is traded and that it may be sooner or later than we think.

About 46 minutes ago - I took 2 poops. There's some news for ya.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 12:27 PM)
McGuffey's legit. I'd imagine he got a call from someone with the Sox leading to him deleting the tweet. There's a lot of smoke here. Brewers, Yanks, Braves and rockies are the teams. Sox preparing internally for the after effects of a Q trade. They don't want to wait until 7/31. They don't want to feel forced. I think they'll say they don't have to trade him but you can be sure they want to. I think we might be a bit disappointed with return as I've said before.

Good stuff. Thanks.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 12:29 PM)
The way you state those team names - with authority - it seems like you've got an inside track here. Couple that with the continued, "disappointed" references... I've got to ask:

Do you know of any of the packages being discussed / offered / countered at this stage?

For me to be overtly disappointed the Sox would have to settle for a package significantly less than Sale/Eaton

A Rutherford headlined deal from the Yankees would quality

A Fisher headlined deal from the Astros

A Ray headlined deal from the Brewers

A McMahon headlined deal from the Rockies

Essentially a deal where we accept a team's second tier guys and allow the buyer to keep the truly elite prospects off the table would be disappointing.

McGuffey's legit. I'd imagine he got a call from someone with the Sox leading to him deleting the tweet. There's a lot of smoke here. Brewers, Yanks, Braves and rockies are the teams. Sox preparing internally for the after effects of a Q trade. They don't want to wait until 7/31. They don't want to feel forced. I think they'll say they don't have to trade him but you can be sure they want to. I think we might be a bit disappointed with return as I've said before.

When you say "disappointed with return" - would that be in the headliner of the deal or the overall depth of the package?

I would be okay with a Quintana deal if the depth makes up for a non-headliner (Frazier, Brinson, Rodgers). I feel like it has to be one or the other.

Edited by pablo

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 10:33 AM)
For me to be overtly disappointed the Sox would have to settle for a package significantly less than Sale/Eaton

A Rutherford headlined deal from the Yankees would quality

A Fisher headlined deal from the Astros

A Ray headlined deal from the Brewers

A McMahon headlined deal from the Rockies

Essentially a deal where we accept a team's second tier guys and allow the buyer to keep the truly elite prospects off the table would be disappointing.

I deleted my initial post you referenced because on twitter Brian said, "I don't know specific names..."

So basically they ARE just going to settle for the return they get for Q.