Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)
Also, I am going to be very interested to see who in Charlotte is mirroring Q. It almost has to be either Giolito or Lopez.

Lopez. Giolito probably doesn't pitch in the majors this year, and if he does it is a couple starts in September.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)
Also, I am going to be very interested to see who in Charlotte is mirroring Q. It almost has to be either Giolito or Lopez.

I think its more likely that Miguel Gonzalez comes off the DL to fill the spot. He has started his rehab assignment and I am sure Hahn wants to get him some starts to see if he can move him by the deadline.

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
Miggy was re-assigned to Birmingham oddly enough earlier. Was trying to draw a connection based on rotation turns but couldn't figure it out.

Isn't AAA on break? Probably wanted to keep him on a routine.

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
Miggy was re-assigned to Birmingham oddly enough earlier. Was trying to draw a connection based on rotation turns but couldn't figure it out.

Maybe AAA was off a few days and AA wasn't? I really don't know. I'm just guessing here.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:51 PM)
I am trying to get some work done today since I got nothing done yesterday. I have no reason to believe anything I said yesterday has changed. There are multiple teams involved and Sox are expecting to get to the final stages of offers sooner than later.

Charlotte has three days off so it's hard to say. I'd imagine they line up anyone other than Volstad for Sunday. Could see a rationale for calling up any of Danish/Giolito/Lopez/Fulmer. Frankly I'd like to see them pull up Fulmer.

Whys that? Just throw him in the fire?

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 11:48 AM)

Nice username :lol:

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:51 PM)
I am trying to get some work done today since I got nothing done yesterday. I have no reason to believe anything I said yesterday has changed. There are multiple teams involved and Sox are expecting to get to the final stages of offers sooner than later.

How dare you?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:49 PM)
Maybe AAA was off a few days and AA wasn't? I really don't know. I'm just guessing here.

That makes sense, and AA oddly enough doesn't have their starters posted for today. I would imagine Gonzalez pitches today and is ready to come back in the rotation next week.

I think people are overthinking lining up the rotation, if Q is traded they can just bump up Pelfrey or Rodon to start on normal rest and fill in the gap the next time through the rotation especially with two off days next week.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 11:58 AM)
To be fair, I am not getting much done, Ha.

I don't think it's possible and really have had a hard time dating back to June and the whole Robert Watch shindig... these next 2+ weeks are going to be brutal. Hopefully there's a flurry.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:56 PM)
As you can see with the stats of our Charlotte starters the last few years, it's not a great place to pitch. I think Fulmer can put similar stats in the MLB. You can at least allow Coop to work with him and get a fresh start. If he sucks you learn more about him and help the rebuild, if he's better that's progress. I want Giolito to continue his progress and Lopez is ready but you might as well wait.

With Burdi struggling, I kind of wonder if Fulmer may be first in line for saves when/if Robertson and Kahnle are dealt. If he could assert himself in that role over the second half he could be a valuable chip in the winter similar to Giles for the Phils.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 02:01 PM)
I don't think it's possible and really have had a hard time dating back to June and the whole Robert Watch shindig... these next 2+ weeks are going to be brutal. Hopefully there's a flurry.

It will be a lot easier when a Quintana trade does down. The rest of of the trades should be interesting, but Q and to a lesser extent Robertson are the only ones I'm anxious about. Really got to get these two right.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:56 PM)
As you can see with the stats of our Charlotte starters the last few years, it's not a great place to pitch. I think Fulmer can put similar stats in the MLB. You can at least allow Coop to work with him and get a fresh start. If he sucks you learn more about him and help the rebuild, if he's better that's progress. I want Giolito to continue his progress and Lopez is ready but you might as well wait.

Fulmer has been a mess this past month, I'm not sure about calling him up right now.

Sooner than later means what exactly? I don't like the wording of that. Does that mean within the next few days or July 31st instead of the winter meetings? Perhaps "talks have intensified" would have been a better use of words? Maybe I'm just getting nit picky since we've been down this path before with Q in trade talks.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 02:32 PM)
Agree wholeheartedly. Why else wouldn't you start him Friday?

I think it is because they believe something is close. You can't just not pitch him until something gets done, but this also buys you a couple extra days to complete your deal before you are forced to pitch him. No one will really bat an eye that he is scheduled Sunday instead of Friday, but they would if he was scheduled Tuesday or Wednesday.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 02:08 PM)
I think it is because they believe something is close. You can't just not pitch him until something gets done, but this also buys you a couple extra days to complete your deal before you are forced to pitch him. No one will really bat an eye that he is scheduled Sunday instead of Friday, but they would if he was scheduled Tuesday or Wednesday.

Sox likely not sure something will be done by Friday/Saturday, but if not done by Sunday you pitch him and continue to field offers upto the deadline.

Pretty much zero smoke or leaks today, although it is still early.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 02:25 PM)
Should be noted today is an off day of sorts for media. For beat writers, They're either traveling or have two consecutive days for the last time until October (other than vacation).

Pretty much the worst 2 days of the year for major league sports fans.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 02:25 PM)
Should be noted today is an off day of sorts for media. For beat writers, They're either traveling or have two consecutive days for the last time until October (other than vacation).

Don't most team beat writers get the weekends at home off?