Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:46 PM)
That's probably fairest of the four but I would take that for Q right now and not look back. I think people need to adjust their expectations.

I'm not expecting Brinson in a Brewers deal and have a bad feeling the Sox view Ray as a premier prospect

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:45 PM)
If Brewers think that's too much, then not sure I want the Sox talking to them

Personally I can't wait for Soxtalk to pivot from We have to trade Q right now, his value will never be higher... to Why didn't we get more for Q, we didn't have to rush!

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:46 PM)
That's probably fairest of the four but I would take that for Q right now and not look back. I think people need to adjust their expectations.

All the Sox need is for one team to separate from the pack and pony up. Q's contract gets more valuable over time with the huge cost of free agent starting pitching.

I'm willing to set realistic expectations, but I also want a nice package back.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)
Braves and Rockies trades were most lopsided. I guess Folwer being on the shelf hurts his value but I would take Frazier, Andujar and another notable for Q.

raBBit == of all the teams interested, which top prospect (main piece) do you most want?

yanks (Frazier)

braves (albeis or acuna)

Rockies (Rodgers)

Brewers (Brinson)

QUOTE (whitesoxwinner @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:32 PM)
Who says no or do they both do it:

White Sox: Quintana

Yankees: Frazier, Andujar, Fowler

Braves: Acuna, Soroka, Gohara +lotto

Brewers: Brinson, Dubon, Phillips +lotto

Rockies: Rodgers, McMahon, Lambert

I'd say none of those trades work. Braves definitely say no. Yankees say no simply to avoid giving up two OFs. Sox say no to Brewers & Rockies because of the secondary pieces.

Just a thought. It looks like the Sox have not announced their rotation for the weekend. I wonder how Hahn feels about sending Q out again for another start vs the Mariners. He could add to his value, lower it, or worst case get hurt. The game is at the Cell so that helps. But I think the pressure will switch from the trade partners to Hahn if he doesn't pull the trigger today. If he thinks the offers are not what he wants then he has to wait and keep pitching him until someone gets desperate or until the offseason.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:57 PM)
Just a thought. It looks like the Sox have not announced their rotation for the weekend. I wonder how Hahn feels about sending Q out again for another start vs the Mariners. He could add to his value, lower it, or worst case get hurt. The game is at the Cell so that helps. But I think the pressure will switch from the trade partners to Hahn if he doesn't pull the trigger today. If he thinks the offers are not what he wants then he has to wait and keep pitching him until someone gets desperate or until the offseason.

They did announce it. Shields on Friday, Holland on Saturday, Quintana on Sunday.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:54 PM)
I'd say none of those trades work. Braves definitely say no. Yankees say no simply to avoid giving up two OFs. Sox say no to Brewers & Rockies because of the secondary pieces.

There is zero chance the Sox would turn down a deal involving McMahon and Rodgers form Colorado.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:54 PM)
raBBit == of all the teams interested, which top prospect (main piece) do you most want?

yanks (Frazier)

braves (albeis or acuna)

Rockies (Rodgers)

Brewers (Brinson)

Not rabbit but to me, Acuna is best prospect in baseball

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 04:00 PM)
Not rabbit but to me, Acuna is best prospect in baseball

Based upon pure upside right now? Acuna is likely right near the top, although you could certainly argue a case for Moncada and Rosario as well.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:46 PM)

So I'm guessing that quintana's value has somewhat diminished?

QUOTE (whitesoxwinner @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 04:03 PM)
So I'm guessing that quintana's value has somewhat diminished?

I'll withhold judgement on the return until after a deal gets made. Until that point I'll continue to keep hopes up for a strong return.

I just hope in 5 years we do not look back at the result Sale, Eaton and Quintana deals and say "WTF?!"

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 04:06 PM)
Well, that certainly clarifies things! :lolhitting

What don't you understand? If Rabbit thinks all of those packages would be unacceptable to the other team, that is a bit disconcerting.

Frazier, Andujar and Fowler is about the minimum I would take.

Braves package is obviously nice, but I'd prefer more than just Acuna on the offensive side.

Brinson + Dubon + Phillips seems light. I'd much prefer Diaz to Dubon.

Rodgers + McMahon package seems like a good starting point. Maybe add a lower level bat instead of Lambert.

Just seems if Rabbit thinks those packages are far too much that the Yanks, Braves, Brewers and Rockies won't reject the outright, we're all going to be very very very disappointed.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 04:02 PM)
Based upon pure upside right now? Acuna is likely right near the top, although you could certainly argue a case for Moncada and Rosario as well.

Plus the Braves are loaded besides Acuna and Albies. Maitan is going to rocket up lists, and has real superstar potential, plus there are position players down the list like Austin Riley, Rio Ruiz, and even Alex Jackson who has bounced back nicely since moving back to catcher. Jackson is tearing up High A ball this year.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 04:11 PM)
What don't you understand? If Rabbit thinks all of those packages would be unacceptable to the other team, that is a bit disconcerting.

Frazier, Andujar and Fowler is about the minimum I would take.

Braves package is obviously nice, but I'd prefer more than just Acuna on the offensive side.

Brinson + Dubon + Phillips seems light. I'd much prefer Diaz to Dubon.

Rodgers + McMahon package seems like a good starting point. Maybe add a lower level bat instead of Lambert.

Just seems if Rabbit thinks those packages are far too much that the Yanks, Braves, Brewers and Rockies won't reject the outright, we're all going to be very very very disappointed.

Frazier + Adams + Florial I would do

Brinson + Ortiz + Phillips I would do

Rodgers + McMahon + Almonte back I would do

Albies + Gohara + Pache I would do

Tucker + Whitley/Perez + solid third piece I would do

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 02:11 PM)
What don't you understand?

You initially said that some of those packages are exciting. I think they're all exciting and that's why the sentiment is that none of the other teams would accept them.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 04:15 PM)
Frazier + Adams + Florial I would do

Brinson + Ortiz + Phillips I would do

Rodgers + McMahon + Almonte back I would do

Albies + Gohara + Pache I would do

Tucker + Whitley/Perez + solid third piece I would do

Yankees package is light

Would take Brewers

Rockies in a heartbeat

Braves would also take in a heartbeat

Astros is ok