Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:49 PM)
I saw Enscheffs posts, he is a regular at talking chop where I post. And I posted here frequently all offseason, and started reading here daily again about a week or so ago. Side note, I like your board! Homerism is present for all fans of all teams of course, but I feel as though you have a really reasonable well informed fan base.

I don't really agree that the Braves follow the surplus value model Enscheff presented, so I don't personally agree with that reasoning, although his logic is sound and well presented.

I said back in the offseason I didn't think the Braves would trade Acuna or Maitan. I think that is more true now than it was this offseason. I think they would trade any pitcher, and even though the Whitesox have great young pitchers, they could use a top shelf lefty. Allard is our best pitching prospect, but I think he could be had. I believe he's better, and held in higher regard than Newcomb, even though the later is in our rotation. I do think they would trade Albies. I know Ensheff doesn't like him, but Austin Riley is a legit prospect and could be trade fodder as well. He has real plus power and many scouts are enthused about his improving body and defensive work. He also has a cannon. He's probably in the 120-150 range for many listers.

People with sources I've talked to seem to think we'd prefer to trade Allard to Soroka, which I disagree with, but whatever. I'd be surprised if they gave up both Allard AND Albies since they are both too 25ish guys. For those mentioning Pache, if he were the third piece, be psyched. Wait until Longerhans at FG's list is published, he LOVES Pache, and I believe him to be the best public evaluator. I'd hate to lose Pache, but I believe they'd include him.

The Braves will trade anyone from depth. We have a ton of pitching and a good amount of MI. Our outfield depth is ok enough we can lose Pache.

Totally with you on longenhagen. I like Callis but everyone on pipeline is a 45 or better. Eric seems to be much more realistic and when he beats to his own drum he explains it well.

Let's say we get Jimenez for Quintana and then draft Joe Gray Jr in the 2018 draft:

1B: Sheets

2B: Moncada

SS: Anderson

3B: Burger

LF: Jimenez

CF: Gray

RF: Robert

DH: Abreu

C: Collins

Add a big time free agent wherever you are the weakest and you could have one hell of a lineup in a few years.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 08:16 PM)
Nice I was hoping KatyPerrysBootyhole would chime in.

Well... her source was wetbutt23... so, you never know.

And no - this is not me being a jackass... this is Reddit and the reality of the internet yet again.

LOL you know we're desperate when a random reddit thread actually has me on edge.

Some guy connected to the Red Sox leaked the Sale package exactly, about 5 hours before it happened. I couldn't believe my eyes. Ever since then I get roped in so easily.

Edited by Username

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 03:24 AM)
LOL you know we're desperate when a random reddit thread actually has me on edge.

Some guy connected to the Red Sox leaked the Sale package exactly, about 5 hours before it happened. I couldn't believe my eyes. Ever since then I get roped in so easily.

But that guy had also broke the Red Sox/Brewers trade the day before

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 08:49 PM)
I saw Enscheffs posts, he is a regular at talking chop where I post. And I posted here frequently all offseason, and started reading here daily again about a week or so ago. Side note, I like your board! Homerism is present for all fans of all teams of course, but I feel as though you have a really reasonable well informed fan base.

I don't really agree that the Braves follow the surplus value model Enscheff presented, so I don't personally agree with that reasoning, although his logic is sound and well presented.

I said back in the offseason I didn't think the Braves would trade Acuna or Maitan. I think that is more true now than it was this offseason. I think they would trade any pitcher, and even though the Whitesox have great young pitchers, they could use a top shelf lefty. Allard is our best pitching prospect, but I think he could be had. I believe he's better, and held in higher regard than Newcomb, even though the later is in our rotation. I do think they would trade Albies. I know Ensheff doesn't like him, but Austin Riley is a legit prospect and could be trade fodder as well. He has real plus power and many scouts are enthused about his improving body and defensive work. He also has a cannon. He's probably in the 120-150 range for many listers.

People with sources I've talked to seem to think we'd prefer to trade Allard to Soroka, which I disagree with, but whatever. I'd be surprised if they gave up both Allard AND Albies since they are both too 25ish guys. For those mentioning Pache, if he were the third piece, be psyched. Wait until Longerhans at FG's list is published, he LOVES Pache, and I believe him to be the best public evaluator. I'd hate to lose Pache, but I believe they'd include him.

The Braves will trade anyone from depth. We have a ton of pitching and a good amount of MI. Our outfield depth is ok enough we can lose Pache.

Thanks for the info -- all of my much less informed opinions of the Braves prospects seem to match yours exactly, so that makes me feel better.

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:49 PM)

Great post, welcome.

I feel the braves are interested, but remain on the periphery for now.

I still like my compromise deal of albies/gohara/pache/lotto for quintana as being fair for each side. Remains to be seen in the next few weeks what happens.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 08:40 PM)
Wetbutt23 and @Danb2310 would conceivably be the same source :)

Good old @Danb2310's source is @themark2306... aka... Richard Little... aka dick little... aka, he of 4 followers. #ThisIsLegit

Edit: I'd also like to point out that this post is a supremely valuable contibution.

Edited by hi8is

Sorry late to the party been working all day, so what did these tweet say. And the DanB guys Twitter says no pros are included so that means no Happ or Schwarber if he's legit. So probably Cease, Jimenez, Cadlareo, and who? And this is not a great package IMO Jimenez is definitely not the main piece I'd want out of those talked about. Just interested in hearing what led to this Cubs hype?

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:45 PM)
Sorry late to the party been working all day, so what did these tweet say. And the DanB guys Twitter says no pros are included so that means no Happ or Schwarber if he's legit. So probably Cease, Jimenez, Cadlareo, and who? And this is not a great package IMO Jimenez is definitely not the main piece I'd want out of those talked about. Just interested in hearing what led to this Cubs hype?

All the reddit and DanB stuff is probably unreliable, but check out rabbit's post on page 36. Also, WhiteSoxDave tweeted some teaser video just talking about Quintana and the Cubs, but it may not mean anything.