Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 11:54 PM)
Are we seriously giving this Cubs stuff weight?

Lol That's what I'm trying to figure out too did anyone actually see Rosenthals tweet? Is that what led to the hype it was it cause Cease has been scratched two days in a row and EJ was activated and given another day off after the Futures game (which was on Sunday)?

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:01 AM)
If the Rosenthal tweet is real - anyone think he might have taken it down because Rick Hahn did a last call (a la Sale to Nats) and someone like the Brewers stepped in?

Have a hard time believing that tweet existed. People talking about it here and on twitter yet not one screen shot of the supposed tweet...

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...0&page=2_30

How many recent (last 18 month) top prospects, other than Judge, have lived up to their billing?

Aaron Altherr was on nobody's radar. Chris Taylor? Schebler? Where the heck did those two come from?

Maybe only Bellinger, Conforto, Sano, Trea Turner (injured), Inciarte...#26-30 on first page screen.

Lesson, the Yankees and Dodgers know what they're doing? Be more careful with the Astros' prospects? The Reds know how to spot catchers/position prospects??

Edited by caulfield12

Jimenez, Russell, Candelario for Q, Kahnle, Swarzak, Shields (or Holland, or MiGo) AND Leury or Yolmer...

Best I can come up with. Five for three.

Megadeal that would shake NL Central to the core.

Push the Brewers or Cards to match...?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 07:15 AM)
Jimenez, Russell, Candelario for Q, Kahnle, Swarzak, Shields (or Holland, or MiGo) AND Leury or Yolmer...

That deal would definitely push Anderson to CF which I think may end up happening after a full year or two as SS, depending on his progress defensively.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 05:56 AM)

How many recent (last 18 month) top prospects, other than Judge, have lived up to their billing?

Aaron Altherr was on nobody's radar. Chris Taylor? Schebler? Where the heck did those two come from?

Maybe only Bellinger, Conforto, Sano, Trea Turner (injured), Inciarte...#26-30 on first page screen.

Lesson, the Yankees and Dodgers know what they're doing? Be more careful with the Astros' prospects? The Reds know how to spot catchers/position prospects??

Benintendi probably just got left off your list. Tray Mancini looks pretty good in Baltimore.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 06:56 AM)

Yeah I think this is decent. As the recent SSS podcast pointed out, the best player in the brewers CC sabathia trade from CLE was a PTBNL in Michael Brantley. We may not get a on its face great trade but it may end up as a good one.

I will say that there was a very large graduation of top prospects last 2 years like Correa, Lindor etc that have been great, the top tens since have been fairly young and may still prove themselves.

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:10 PM)
Other than the generational talent etc. etc. comments I think the main hold up on trading him is because he isn't able to be valued properly. A guy with a lot of hype, warranted or not, can't be the BIG centerpiece. We'd have to trade him as a 2nd/3rd piece when he could be a year and a half away from being the majority of a deal. So while I think they do love him, it's equally about recognizing its irresponsible to trade an asset before it reaches maturation. From the Sox perspective, no matter how much talent Maitan has, it would be equally irresponsible to accept such an unknown quantity as a headliner. I'm sure they'd love him as a second piece, but Braves wouldn't consider that.

Agree with others, this is a great post.

That being said, if it were me personally, I would take the risk on Maitan, IF the second/third pieces were solid AND the alternative was a package from another team that included an arm as the headliner or a bat that I didn't necessarily love.

I think it is fair to assume, although this could be off, that no suitor has really emerged that is offering a bat-headlining package that the Sox really like.

I posted it yesterday and I still think it would be true

Schwarber or Happ, Eloy and Cease will be the cub haul.

I think Schwarber is in the deal for no other than reason than to add a name. If he fails in the next year or two years no problem.

Theo needs to make a move and they have zero need for Schwarber. Cease and Eloy are the names the Sox need.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 06:15 AM)

Addison Russell: Is he as good as gone from Cubs?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 06:12 AM)

I think Schwarber is in the deal for no other than reason than to add a name. If he fails in the next year or two years no problem.

Theo needs to make a move and they have zero need for Schwarber. Cease and Eloy are the names the Sox need.

I think Schwarbs is really underestimated here.

I would suspect the Cubs would be able to do better, if they really wanted to move him, to trade he and Eloy separately.

To get them both in a deal for just Q would a return that is better than the return we received for Sale or Eaton, IMO.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:12 AM)

Cubs aren't giving up that much. No way they give up more than 1 of Schwarber/ Happ/ Jiminez. Would be a great haul for Sox though.

It's funny to see how Cubs fans value Schwarber and how all other fanbase value him now. People on northsidebaseball.com were pissed at the thought of the Babe for Michael Fulmer. Where as every other fanbase thought it was a joke of an offer.

I personally think he's overrated in Cubsdom, but will still be a very nice DH at some point. Certainly not a headliner for Q anymore though.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:40 AM)
It's funny to see how Cubs fans value Schwarber and how all other fanbase value him now. People on northsidebaseball.com were pissed at the thought of the Babe for Michael Fulmer. Where as every other fanbase thought it was a joke of an offer.

I personally think he's overrated in Cubsdom, but will still be a very nice DH at some point. Certainly not a headliner for Q anymore though.

Hear ya. Does Fulmer have much value to add to any of these packages?...